Roof Racks - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Customizing your 9-5

Customizing your 9-5 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Roof Racks

So I want roof Racks for my 9-5 but i am wondering what racks fit the car. I see that under that rubber behind the door's weather strripping, there are 2 what apear to be attachment holes. Are there thule or yakama roof racks that fit these holes or does saab make the only ones.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
Editor
Elder

I THINK state of nine has what you're looking for.

http://www.stateofnine.com/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #3
TSLMember

I have a Thule rack on my Viggen and love it.
very easy to install.

I believe you need footkit :: 400xt Aero Foot Pack.

Old 07-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #4
Flirting With TSL Addiction

You don't need a "foot kit" if you get the Saab one. It's one piece that attaches to the pegs you mentioned.

http://www.saabcatalog.com/retail/ca...ck+Bars&Page=1

Old 07-01-2005, 10:10 AM   #5
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
You don't need a "foot kit" if you get the Saab one. It's one piece that attaches to the pegs you mentioned.

Foot kit is what Thule calls it. Its no different than what you're getting from Saab....
Old 07-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
Trollerator
Elder

Yakima is where it's at.

the bars are round and not sqaure, they hold more weight and there are more attachements/accessories available. because there are other aftermarket companies that make say, mountain bike holder things, not yakima or thule. but these other options usually are made for round bars.

of course I am biased.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Saabs Thule rack is where it's at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfica09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine

Foot kit is what Thule calls it. Its no different than what you're getting from Saab....
No dude. Not even close. You are correct that Thule made them for Saab but they do not resemble the Thule bars from the website at all. That's why it is the cheapest way to go. Exclusive deal here with Saab saves you $$$$.

The Thule basic kit comes with:
A) FOOT PACK
B) LOAD BARS
C) FIT KIT

3 seperate pieces. You mount the foot kit then attach the bars.
Each Saab bar is one solid piece, no seperate 'feet'. All you get in the box is 2 bars with attached feet.
Should also add it's twice the price of the Saabcatalog one.
$230 vs. $100.

Trivia: Did you know it's pronounced "Two-lee" not THOOL
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 AM   #8
Avid TSL User

Haha, option #4?

Barrecrafters is mint for the money, I have it for my 9-5, the sport bar system with ski attachment, the bars are super sturdy. Way cheaper than Thule, Yakima, or Saab and looks and acts the same.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Reviving this thread a bit. I've been looking around the web and classifieds for a set of roof racks for my 2002 9-3. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonably affordable universal rack they've used on their 9-3? I checked out the Thule and Yakima kits, but they're a bit over my budget.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:33 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninehundredt View Post
Reviving this thread a bit. I've been looking around the web and classifieds for a set of roof racks for my 2002 9-3. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonably affordable universal rack they've used on their 9-3? I checked out the Thule and Yakima kits, but they're a bit over my budget.
I have a Saab set for 9-5, it's Thule square bar... havent been used in maybe 10 years

I looked to see if they fit a 9-3 but Thule says the current bars are not compatible 9-3 to 9-5 Mine are adjustable. I can check them on a 9-3 maybe later today if I have time
Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
I have a Saab set for 9-5, it's Thule square bar... havent been used in maybe 10 years

I looked to see if they fit a 9-3 but Thule says the current bars are not compatible 9-3 to 9-5 Mine are adjustable. I can check them on a 9-3 maybe later today if I have time
Sure. Let me know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in