volvo rims on a 9-5, what do people think - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Customizing your 9-5

Customizing your 9-5 This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

volvo rims on a 9-5, what do people think

I'm still looking for 18" by 8" rims for my aero, and I just realized that 5 by 108 ovlov wheels should fit fine and the offsets match up. This makes me curious about running 18" pegasus rims on the car, but I'm curious about whether anyone has pics of saabs with those rims on them.

Here are a couple pictures of the rims on an S60R:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
Elder

29lbs each.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to JLausch
Well the 9-5 is 5x110.... so thats a problem there... but they would look pretty sweet.

'01 Viggen (sold)

Last edited by JLausch; 09-09-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post
Well the 9-5 is 5x110.... so thats a problem there... but they would look pretty sweet.
yeah, as discussed on here before the 2mm difference isnt a big deal, you can get these wobble bolt things to take up the difference, BBS sells them, so they cant be that bad to use. i think if ya search for one of the older threads where this was brought up theres a picture of an ng900 with some volvo wheels on it, looks pretty good! though if theyre really as heavy as Red DIC says they are i'd stay far far away from em...thats porky.

Paul

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

The other option I've been looking at are rial nogaros for $200 a rim and 23 pounds a pop. I'd only spring on the pegs if I can find a set in good shape for less than 800, they may be heavy but they're damn near indestructible and that counts alot with MA's inexcusable roads.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to Breakin5Speeds
Houston we have a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLausch View Post

Very true that makes sense 108 is a common Ford lug spacing and 110 is Open/Saab so....NO GO, unless you had adaptors (which I personally don't trust) and at 29 lbs plus adaptors you're talking about alot of unsprung weight....and some crazy offsets with the adaptors....But for kicks and wiggles.... here are a couple of quick and dirty photochops

Quote:
i just masturbated to the picture of your girlfriend. thanks.-viggenkid
Old 09-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Someone had does wheels on a viggen on here. It looked really nice. If someone else doesn't dig it up I'll find the pics.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
Elder

yeah they are on paviggens car.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
ewwwwww!!! 29 lbs!!!

im actually looking for KAHN RSR's 18x7.5 for my 9k ( 4x108 ). The only place I can find em is in UK. So if anyone sees pegasus look-alikes with my bolt pattern let me know!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
29 lbs... are they made out of cast iron?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAviggen View Post
2007 Cbr600

Old 09-10-2007, 04:58 AM   #12
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
I think they'd look good since they're pretty similar to the later 9-5 Aero wheels anyway.

But 29lbs!?

I think you might notice that.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #13
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
The look is VERY nice! The weight however alone is enough for me to turn around and run away! If you want them light go here: http://www.evolvecars.com/site/index...05,120,0,0,1,0

Or you can go to tire rack get something VERY similar looking 1in smaller for a better price and much lighter to boot: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...2FMachined+Lip

Last edited by liketheword; 09-10-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:00 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to moose
Would look sweet but at 29 lbs. each breaking and accel. would start to suck.

Stg. no go
My transmission boggles minds!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:53 AM   #15
Elder

I'd do it if I could get the delta stamped instead of the R.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:07 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaboy View Post
ewwwwww!!! 29 lbs!!!

im actually looking for KAHN RSR's 18x7.5 for my 9k ( 4x108 ). The only place I can find em is in UK. So if anyone sees pegasus look-alikes with my bolt pattern let me know!
well theres these, 17x7.5 4x108, need a small spacer to fit correctly (10mm will do) 3 are slightly bent though, and you're kinda far away to be shipping bent wheels to ya.

those are the best pics i have, theyre voxx brand, cant remember the model but i dont think they make them anymore.

Paul

Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM   #17
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
well theres these, 17x7.5 4x108, need a small spacer to fit correctly (10mm will do) 3 are slightly bent though, and you're kinda far away to be shipping bent wheels to ya.

those are the best pics i have, theyre voxx brand, cant remember the model but i dont think they make them anymore.

Paul
KAHN RS-R!!! Where did you get these?! Voxx? I'm looking for these in the 18" version for my 9k... Can't find anywhere...

Old 09-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #18
Avid TSL User

like I said, the pegs weigh a ton but they are damn near indestructible. I also have a friend nearby who sells a 27 lb 19" pegasus replica wheel for $350 a piece, though I'm not sure how I'd feel about that big of a wheel on my car.

The more I think of it, the less of a big deal the 108 vs 110 issue is, we're talking a millimeter of difference as far as where the bolts would socket into the wheels which should practically be within the machining tolerances of the threads in the hubs.

I wouldn't trust anything from evolve though, they are pretty sketchy as a company...
Old 09-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #19
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACBarnett View Post
like I said, the pegs weigh a ton but they are damn near indestructible.
Funny you say that, my mom bent both passenger (front/rear) pegasus's on the same pothole. That was a very expensive bill.

I think it would have bent any rim, however.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to saab4life93t
i am a big fan that looks really good... is the 29lbs with the tire or no?? not that it would make a huge diff but if they do weigh that much it doesnt seem worth it...
2002 viggen current

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in