WRX-Saab conversion - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-2X Forum > Customizing Your 9-2X

Customizing Your 9-2X This forum contains all CUSTOMIZING related Q&A's, such as Lights (taillights, headlights, turn indicators, clear corners, etc), Interior and Exterior modifications, Wiring, Gauges and more.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #21
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
ThreADIGGER!

I'm still convinced different wheels woul make the car. Like the saab EVO wheels. Also, lip over the wheels, not a big ass flare.

Someone chop it again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #22
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
I like.

And I don't see why the saab interior would be a whole lot different, its still pretty much subaru spec.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 PM   #23
TSLMember

It doesnt look to bad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 01-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #24
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
thats hot! i would drive that saabaru

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Old 01-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #25
Elder

That looks annoyingly cool, awsome actually

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #26
Elder

I want.

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 03-01-2007, 08:43 AM   #27
Elder

Send a message via AIM to laxian55
I have wanted to do this since i heard the 9-2x was only coming in a wagon in the press release! I hope someone does it, if not my roommate has a 4dr WRX and likes saabs i might have to start convincing him to start sourcing a wrecked 9-2x, too bad hes a broke MFer

Old 05-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #28
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I had this same idea a long time ago too - taking the ultimate 4 door wrx sti whatever and putting the 9-2x front on it. I'm really suprised no one has done it. My styling: Maybe viggen lighting blue similiar to Subaru's blue, saab emblems/insignia, more luxurious/saab like interior, smaller trunk spoiler, small roof spoiler at top of rear window, and definitly different rims then that picture.

And to the Saab people that don't like the Saabaru:

better than GM Saab's like the 9-7x
a more entry level Saab and all wheel drive
still don't like it, well GM sold it's stake of Fuji Heavy Ind./Subaru so no more Saabarus

Also Subaru is a Japanese Saab. Japan and Sweden are smaller innovative countries with cool ancient cultures- Samurai/Viking.
both Saab and Subaru:
have aircraft heritage,
have top safety ratings,
rally success,
are smaller companies,
known to have some quirky looking cars,
and are found in higher amounts in certian locations (together) -like Colorado

But yeah GM should treat Saab more like Ford treats Volvo.

Saab should just come out with it's last three concepts - keep the styling/power just refine for consumers and add lower trim levels in addition to the all-out version staight from concept. People would definitly buy those- If some are too extreme to manufacture than just do a limited run to spark interest/create hype in the brand and sell some more basic/regular models.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #29
Elder

[email protected]@-
do you have photoshop?
that would be cool to see.
I could do it if i had it.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #30
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
My friend TK wants to do the front end conversion from a 9-2X to his WRX..... We'll see

Old 06-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #31
Elder

You should tell TK that he's SOL.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #32
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to RCSummers
The link isnt working for me, could some one PM a direct link or post up some pictures>?

Old 10-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #33
Elder

Send a message via AIM to b dash rian
wow.... over a year old thread bump... again!

Quote:
Football stars play for the Steelers. Suck it, Cleveland.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #34
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
yeah what is it with bringing posts back from the dead.

^CLICK ME^
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #35
Avid TSL User

I can't see the pictures in the link but I get the idea of it from the thread. Now for the important stuff:
A friend of mine bought a 2004 WRX that was wrecked in the nose when brand new (in 2004). It was going to be his rally car but he then decided to put a 9-2X nose on it. He finally did it and painted it to match the WRX blue. It looks factory and pretty neat (well, for a Subaru! ). I didn't have my camera with me when I saw the car but as I remember it has the 9-2X front end (A-pillar forward), wheels, side skirts, and maybe some other stuff too (I don't remember about the interior). The best part is the car only has a few thousand miles on it He lives in Gardner, MA so locals, keep your eyes peeled.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:03 PM   #36
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I can't see the pictures in the link but I get the idea of it from the thread. Now for the important stuff:
A friend of mine bought a 2004 WRX that was wrecked in the nose when brand new (in 2004). It was going to be his rally car but he then decided to put a 9-2X nose on it. He finally did it and painted it to match the WRX blue. It looks factory and pretty neat (well, for a Subaru! ). I didn't have my camera with me when I saw the car but as I remember it has the 9-2X front end (A-pillar forward), wheels, side skirts, and maybe some other stuff too (I don't remember about the interior). The best part is the car only has a few thousand miles on it He lives in Gardner, MA so locals, keep your eyes peeled.
Photos or it didn't happen.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #37
Elder

Send a message via AIM to PaulH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post

Was he at NEFR? I think I saw something like that rolling around there this past summer, looked weird.

Paul

Old 12-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #38
Site Moderator

there's also this:

Quote:
The only 6spd swapped, full STI interior'd, F+R brembo'd, 5X114.3 converted, 2.5 liter 9-2x!!
don't know if it's been posted here yet. love everything but the giant graphics.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1889955

Old 12-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #39
User
Elder

Send a message via AIM to zingZACH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
Was he at NEFR? I think I saw something like that rolling around there this past summer, looked weird.

Paul
Also saw the one you're talking about at NEFR... I noticed it at the Concord Pond Stage... At first I thought it was a 9-2x, then saw the side and rear of the car as was scratching my head.

I think the one I saw at NEFR was silver though... I can't recall, I only saw it for a second.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #40
Avid TSL User

Send a message via AIM to RCSummers
any more pics?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in