Saab Link Forums banner

Vapor Locking... I think

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  eliteboi 
#1 ·
So I am pretty certain i'm having an issue with vapor locking with my car.

Last summer, usually only when I had the A/C on and was in high elevation (7-8k or more feet) my car would vapor lock pretty bad. It wouldn't want to accelerate unless I mashed the gas and kept the RPM's up. I didn't really have the problem around town.

I figured that the problem would have been reduced with all the work i've done to the car in the last year. I guess I was wrong!

Today I was out running errands around town, half highway half city driving. It is about 95-97 out here in Denver. I had the A/C on and I noticed that on my way home from Downtown Denver that when I would take off it would start to go, bog down pretty bad (didn't feel like it was going to stall, just no power) then it would take off after about 5 seconds. I tried letting pressure out of the gas cap, didn't do much. It was the only thing I could think of though for a vapor lock issue.

So my question is, does anyone have anything they could think of that would cause this. I did some research and I saw that one website said it could be from the fuel pump getting hot? I know that all my maintenance is more then up to date, and the fuel pump was replaced last year. I called my Saab indie and they are stumped.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.