Car jerks when accelerating and cuts off when full throttle - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9000 Forum > Car Problems? Saab 9000 Only

Car Problems? Saab 9000 Only If you're experiencing problems with your Saab 9000 post your questions in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
SAABeginner

Hey, sorry I could not write back as I was busy with school and work.

I ordered an APC valve, it should arrive by Wednesday and I will try it on ASAP and test it. I think it is APC valve, because it causes bucking as you saw in video and also sometimes there is underboost.

As for the jerk, which I have not recorded a video on it, could be a Clutch issue. I replaced the clutch 6000km ago. I had bought 2 clutch at that time, and the mechanic put the wrong clutch in it.
Because when I release the gas pedal and then accelarate the car jerks. BUT WHEN, I press the clutch pedal little bit and then give gas it doesnt jerk.

So it could be the clutch or something else. I'm not sure.

The clutch he put in is the same size (inner and outer), but the clutch he put in has a different shape inner diameter and its in silver color. Check out the attachment and let me know what you think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burnt Clutch of Saab 9000 cse turbo.jpg (389.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg THE CLUTCH PUT IN 9K.jpg (396.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg EXACTLY AS MY BURNT CLUTCH .jpg (391.3 KB, 5 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #22
SAABeginner

I got the APC valve and I tried it right away. The problem is gone but there is very little boost. The "bad" valve used to give me extreme boost (orange) and it would do bucking.

But the new one is OK, but there is very little boost.. the boost is in the middle (yellow?)

Do i need adjust the pressure somehow?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #23
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicat View Post
I got the APC valve and I tried it right away. The problem is gone but there is very little boost. The "bad" valve used to give me extreme boost (orange) and it would do bucking.

But the new one is OK, but there is very little boost.. the boost is in the middle (yellow?)

Do i need adjust the pressure somehow?
First make sure you don't have a leak somewhere, like a loose hose, or one with a hole. Then from there, you can adjust the base boost via the rod on the WG actuator. The more you tighten it, the further in it goes, thereby increasing base boost. However, don't crank it in too far. A turn or two and test it. Having a real boost gauge helps to know where you're at, since the factory one is mostly useless.

1983 900 8v turbo- sold
1998 900 SE- sold
1995 9000 CSE

Old 10-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #24
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret ingredient View Post
First make sure you don't have a leak somewhere, like a loose hose, or one with a hole. Then from there, you can adjust the base boost via the rod on the WG actuator. The more you tighten it, the further in it goes, thereby increasing base boost. However, don't crank it in too far. A turn or two and test it. Having a real boost gauge helps to know where you're at, since the factory one is mostly useless.
Thanks for all your help saablink members.
I finally saw the WG and the rod. tried to adjust it but couldnt. So...

I decided to stop spending $ on this 93 saab. Its just too much problem.
Sofar ive fixed. the clutch (1300$ including labor and clutch), alternator (220$), Upper engine mount (120$), APC valve (205$), tranny mount (20$)

I still have parts for 2 lower engine mounts, + outer tie rod end (getting it fixed this friday then alignment!) .

Last edited by nicat; 10-17-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #25
SAABeginner

Hey Im back with good news!

So 2 days ago I went to Aktive Motors in Oakville, Ontario. I had chance to meet the owner Christian (a very good guy!)
I had the following problems b4 i went there. TCS CTRL + ANTI LOCK, and SRS light was on.

The SRS light was resetted and light never came back.
The TCS + antilock light was a bad MAIN RELAY( its under the hood). I changed the relay and the lights disappeared.

He also told me that the Jerk on the car might be the vacuum hoses. So today I changed 98% of the hoses and the "jerking" problem almost went away. I think the problem might be lower engine mounts. I will go back to Christian to get them changed b4 January.

I also cleaned the Throttle Body, now it Idles a lil better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
9000, cse, ets, tcs, throtle body, tps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in