Sachs Clutch Kit for Viggen - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Sachs Clutch Kit for Viggen

Hello guys,

My Viggen clutch has started to slip. I have been researching on the internet to find replacement clutch kit. I cant seem to find the Genuine Saab kit p/n:9636721G. I guess they have been discontinued. I have found the SACHS clutch kit from eEuroparts. The car has a stock tune with GS Version 2 downpipe and GS 3 inch cat-back. Will it be safe to buy this clutch kit for my car with the stock power levels? Or will this clutch kit slip. Have anyone used this kit before in their Viggen and did you experienced any problems with it. The link to the clutch kit is below.

9636721 Aftermarket - Clutch Kit (2 Piece) (Viggen) - Sachs 3000951203 - Free Shipping

Thank you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #2

It's fine for a stock tune as long as you don't abuse it. I ran a stock Viggen clutch kit for years...

You'll be OK with this for a while!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Yea you should be fine with that clutch. I have a jzw's stg3 tune on my viggen and my clutch never slipped and I actually am thinking about replacing it after the cars sat for like 4 months cause the slave cylinder went bad. All original parts with 130k on them. I've asked jzw about what clutch I should get cause even though mine isn't slipping I'm replacing it due to a while I'm there thing, and he said the stock Viggen clutch is fine.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Thanks for feedback guys. But this is not an original OEM Viggen clutch. This is one is manufactured by SACHS. That is why I am questioning this particular part. Just wanted to make sure that people used this particular clutch from SACHS in their cars and had no issues. As far as I know the OEM Viggen clutch kits have been discontinued.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

I believe Sach is the original clutch. Saab isn't the branded oem clutch it's Sach some one correct me if I'm wrong. But it's the same thing as if you were buying oem shocks there Sach not saab
Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 AM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Same unit I put in my 2000 VigVert- the Sachs kit from Eeuroparts. No problems with a stage 1 tune, but rarely really get on it. The part numbers were identical to what was already in there.

'00 VigVert- Nirvana
'00 9-3SE DD
2013 Silverado Z71 4WD

Last edited by bobg450; 09-15-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseries93 View Post
Thanks for feedback guys. But this is not an original OEM Viggen clutch. This is one is manufactured by SACHS. That is why I am questioning this particular part. Just wanted to make sure that people used this particular clutch from SACHS in their cars and had no issues. As far as I know the OEM Viggen clutch kits have been discontinued.
As said earlier, Sachs is the OEM manufacturer of the Viggen clutch. (Sachs makes OEM clutch and suspension components for many different European cars; your stock suspension is Sachs/Boge as Foxracer mentioned.)

I used this exact combo from eEuroparts for years with no issues on a setup putting out ~300-350 ft/lbs of wheel torque. This combo is definitely recommended for stock to moderately modded cars.

EDIT: Here's more info: http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product...oducts_id=3698
And more: http://www.viggenfactfile.de/overhaul.html

Last edited by mike saunders; 09-15-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #8
SAABeginner

Thank you guys. I just wanted to verify this information. I will go with this clutch package.

Do you guys recommend changing rear main seal? The current one is not leaking but the car has 212,xxx miles. I already bought new seal a while ago.

Last edited by bseries93; 09-15-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseries93 View Post
Thank you guys. I just wanted to verify this information. I will go with this clutch package.

Do you guys recommend changing rear main seal? The current one is not leaking but the car has 212,xxx miles. I already bought new seal a while ago.
Absolutely.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #10
SAABeginner

Thanks Mike.

Do you recommend replacing the following part as well?

90522636 Genuine SAAB - Clutch Line - Free Shipping
Old 09-15-2014, 11:48 AM   #11
Avid TSL User

When I do my clutch I'm replacing everything slave, clutch and both lines and a trans flush. But that's just me and me being anal about it.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #12
SAABeginner

That's is how I feel. Thanks
Old 09-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxracer52 View Post
When I do my clutch I'm replacing everything slave, clutch and both lines and a trans flush. But that's just me and me being anal about it.
This....

While you're in there, it makes sense to get everything done....
Old 09-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #14
SAABeginner

Parts have been ordered guys. Thank you for your feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in