Fuel Pump 1999 9-3 Conv - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Fuel Pump 1999 9-3 Conv

Hi all.

Been reading about Crank no start condition for my daughters 9-3 Conv and the troubleshooting steps have led me to the belief that the fuel pump is to blame.

Cranks but no catching. Shot some starting ether in the air intake and it fires and runs a second or two then dies.

I pulled the rear seat out to bang on the area above the fuel pump but when I did her rear seat area looks completely different than any of the pictures I have seen previously.

I attached a pic but it did not upload so I will have to shrink its size and retry.

Are there any known differences in the 9-3 convt that prevent me from replacing the fuel pump by cutting the access door method?

Thanks,
Gary
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
Elder

Are you getting 12v to the pump? Can you apply 12v to the pump and does it run? Did you do the CPS test (tach boucing)? Does it make any noise when you turn the key on?

I've cut open a couple of 5 doors, not sure that the vert is different.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
SAABeginner

The tach bounced once was flat then bounced again a few seconds later. It did not move so much as bounce.

Just got the rear seat out this morning before going to work so have not tested voltage at the pump yet what pins should I be checking voltage at?

Also there are supposed to be 2 fuses you can jumper in the fuse panel to bypass the fuel pump rely to test directly the pump working or not. Anyone know those fuses? I have also read you can remove fuse 23 for about 10 seconds and then put it back in to force the pump to run to pressurize the system when you turn the car back on.

When i turn the key on to run not start position I do not hear anything.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Shot of back seat area resized to fit website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tank1.jpg (214.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Elder

There should be 4 pins on the connection to the fuel pump, don't recall which ones are the fuel pump and which are the sender. Search for the wiring diagrams for the 9-3, it will also answer pin is the right one.

There should be a flexible plastic cover over the pump, you'll see where you need to cut to get it out, if it comes to that.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in