Saab NG900 Coolant Leak - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
SAABeginner

HELP!! Coolant leak! repair? or replace?

I have a 97 900 SE Turbo Convert.

There is a coolant leak comming from the circled pipe. I'm wondering if there is a repair that can be made to the line since it is metal and i believe it is just a pin hole on the bottom side of the line. The line is very long I believe it is a water pump line it runs from the radiator under the battery tray (where the leak is) all the way back by the fire wall. I do not want to have to replace it since I am only working part time and very poor at the moment PLEASE HELP I feel this will leave me stranded one day and would like to tend to it before it gets worse.

Also what is this coolant line called? could someone provide a link to a place where i can buy it if need be.

I really need to know if there is a fix that will be sufficient. No matter how ghetto it might be...... Special tape? epoxy? stop leak?

ideas please....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140715_211327.jpg (290.3 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by damoncy89; 07-16-2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Car info added
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Remove it and epoxy it, or find a pipe similar in shape and size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
That is not a coolant line. It is either power steering or AC.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I can't tell from the pic (too much zoomed in). The best "repair" would be to remove and fix then replace. If you are going to do that, then why not find a used part at a junkyard? I bet that is no more then 10 at a junkyard or post a wanted advert here (you will need to be certain of the part then).

I have never come across patches or tapes that actually work. You might be able to split a rubber hose and slip it over, then use hose clamps to tighten it to the pinhole.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
SAABeginner

I actually just thought of that yesterday, going to try it this weekend.

I found a new part online I think, its listed the saab site for $172 !!!
part # 30551912

I'll try to take a clearer picture in a little while...

http://www.thesaabsite.com/900new/Sa...s.html#linkbar

Last edited by damoncy89; 07-17-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #6
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Replace it with a used one. I can't see it from the picture, but if you slap a hose on it, you've done all the work but are stuck with a hack repair. It will be great until you puke coolant a far way from home.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #7
SAABeginner

Here are new pictures the leak is beween the battery and reservoir. Can someone please confirm the part on the saab site is the same?

I don't think I would have to pull the pipe/line out to do tboy fix. What does everyone think about using a rubber hose to clamp down the pin hole?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140717_174033.jpg (359.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140717_173910.jpg (381.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by damoncy89; 07-18-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in