99 9-3 fuel pump help!! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
SAABeginner

99 9-3 fuel pump help!!

Driving home from work about 3 weeks ago, and car just died! got it towed home, narrowed the problem down to my fuel pump. luckily I had an extra one kickin around from an old 99 9-5 I still have from years ago. Instead of dropping my gas tank, I cut a whole in the floor and accessed the pump through the back seat. I successfully changed it with no problems, so I thought. Had it running for 2 days and realized I had to do it all over again and rotate it so my float was in the correct place (gas gauge was on E even after putting much gas in) while unplugging the pressure line, I broke the yellow clip holding it in place, ugh. So I am now in search of another fuel pump.

Last edited by saab919000; 07-07-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #2
Elder

Post a pic if you can. See if there is a part from eeuroparts that can help?

1999 SAAB 9-3 SE 2.0L 4 Cyl (16 Valve) HOT Parts - Free and Free Shipping
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
You need this 12806113 Genuine SAAB - Fuel Line Retainer Clip - Free Shipping it replaces the yellow clip and is actually an update from saab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold

Old 07-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
SAABeginner

thanks for the suggestions. looking at the pic of the part from europarts, im wondering how it fits? over both lines and connecting to the lock ring?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #5

the orings atop the fuel pump, on the check valves are extremely tight.

my stupid guess says they wont ever work themselves out on their own.

you probably don't have much of an emergency although I can understand the need to repair...
Old 07-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

It screws in to the top of the plastic. You will see when you get it . Be careful not to overtighten the screw. Be sure to wipe a little grease on all o rings before putting back together. You are doing good you already know more than some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B202nut-2.0 View Post

you probably don't have much of an emergency although I can understand the need to repair...
Well i guess it would be an emergeny when you are driving down the road smoking a butt any your pressure line blows off and pump starts spraying the bottom and inside of the car.
Dont listen to that guy
Old 07-07-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
Elder

Quote:

Yeah that's completely 100% wrong, it will absolutely blow the line right out of there, don't even try it. You'll be stranded with gas everywhere
Old 07-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
Yeah that's completely 100% wrong, it will absolutely blow the line right out of there, don't even try it. You'll be stranded with gas everywhere
Had a check valve held in place for many many months with just the dried oring.. until I was able to get the hold down clamp replaced

I don't post shit I think....

as mentioned, I see the need to replace but its not life or death.... I am sure he can get on down the road until his part arrives..

I put money on it... and that's 100% correct... may not be the ideal way to run the car and not the safest, but it will drive..

its a safety part for sure... but can be done without for a short wile..

if your crazy about it, slap some duck tape on it until you get the new part...
Old 07-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Had a check valve held in place for many many months with just the dried oring.. until I was able to get the hold down clamp replaced

as mentioned, I see the need to replace but its not life or death.... I am sure he can get on down the road until his part arrives..

I put money on it... and that's 100% correct... may not be the ideal way to run the car and not the safest, but it will drive..

First off its a she
Second off its life or death if you are a smoker
Third its a necessity not a safety
Fourth have you seen what gas does to ducktape
Fifth thank you for proving my point
Old 07-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
Elder

Lol.

I had the exact opposite happen. I don't post what I don't know about. Now what?

You got lucky once so everyone else will too I guess?

Quote:

Old 07-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #11

Ill bet it was his return
Old 07-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
Elder

Quote:

That's not what I think.... we can always strive for progress though can't we?
Old 07-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #13
SAABeginner

yes it is a "she" so thank you, and everything I've learned i've learned from the best. and it is life or death cuz i am a smoker... I was at a friends shop working on it the second time when i broke the clip and it was only .6 miles from my house, so i booked it home and she died on me again but i was able to coast home, and yes my pressure line blew, and my back seat was covered in gas!
Old 07-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #14

Maybe dave olsen can help
Old 07-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #15
SAABeginner

...problem fixed.. onto the next.. Clip works great, thanks for the suggestion... car still would not start, jumped her a few times, she started... long story short had a bad battery and got a new one yesterday..but now she starts hard and takes a good 15 sec for her to turn over... any ideas??...
Old 07-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to VWSAABVT
Turn the key on and let the pump prime, then try staring the car. If it starts easier it means you are losing fuel line pressure back into the tank when the car isn't running.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stg 5 99 9-3 coupe
96 900se sold
Old 07-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
SAABeginner

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow..
Old 07-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #18
SAABeginner

...no difference :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in