Shop is rapeing me - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Shop is rapeing me

I have a 2001 sab 9-3 se conv) 5 speed.

Here is where im at.
New parts
2001 saab 9-5 (auto) twice unit. with matching key chip.

Car was giving me a key not accepted message. At that time i switched the twice unit and the key chip.

This got passed the sid saying key not accepted, and turn the engine over.

At this point i dont have a tech 2 so i brought it to a service center to help marry the two.

I just got a call back from this Rape artist mechanic saying we are at two hours in on work. ($200). and they cant get it to start.

Couple things he mentioned were no spark or fuel./ injector Open
circuit / He said he had the new twice unit talking to the ecu. Which i asked him if they were married and he said they were just talking.

Do you know what i should be asking him. or what type of software the tech 2 needs to link with tronic 7. This car is braking my bank. any guidance would be very helpful.

simple questions i plan on asking

1 what verison tech 2 is he using?
2 Is the twice unit married ?
3 how did he get the immobiliser code for the the new twice unit. ( considering i got it in a junk yard and didn't grab the vin or ecu.) Does it matter if its a 9-5 twice. or auto or manuel ?
4 does the sid read that the keys are programmed.?
5 PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ help
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

it's just a matter of hitting play you have to program the immobilizer in twice to recognize trionic. but if you don't own a tech2 they can kind of charge what they wanna. it's a matter of you can only buy what is sold to you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
Elder

this is the usual story. i say find a better shop that knows what they are doing.

sounds to me like this guy either doesnt know what he is doing or thinks you have no clue and is trying to charge you as much as possible.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

Got the car back without having to pay for nothing. Although it is still not starting and they dont have a clue what it is. Funny thing is they are partner shop with broadway automotive which is the delaer ship for saab. im stuck with this car. probably going to junk it =(
Ive been dealing with this problem for 5 months straight . pretty much stuck without a tech 2
Old 07-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
Elder

Did you mention where you live? Maybe someone has a suggestion for another shop you could try.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cark
ya was gonna say.. where you at?
Old 07-09-2014, 04:27 AM   #7
TSLMember

Def sounds like you need to find someone who knows their way around the Tech 2, your symptoms are still very much that the engine is immobilized and the TWICE and ECU don't like each other.

If I remember correctly, to match the immobilizer to the ECU, the shop should have used the "spare parts programming" path on the Tech 2 and waited for the security timer to complete it's count down (5 or 10 minutes maybe?)

It's one of the less than obvious paths (probably deliberately) in the software.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
Avid TSL User

I am in green bay Wisconsin! Ive already tried danntine in appleton - no reply
Old 07-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #9
Elder

i say be calm and go to an actual saab dealer or get someone that knows what they are doing. just wait, itll be worth it.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

well i ended up putting a different twice in the car. (without programming it) The car doesnt say key not accepted now. and the car will turn over. on the bulb check the check engine light comes on (so i heard if you see that then your twice unit is getting power atleast to send some kinda signal) so i heard ???

I got the unit from an 2001 areo saab 9-5. it had a different motor v6 turbo or something.would i have a problem with the donor twice unit from the aero. Its really hard to find matching keys for the twice unit in a junk yard car.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #11
Elder

You may have just wasted more time and money unfortunately if your junkyard TWICE doesn't have the matching keys.

Remember that you must have ALL the keys and remotes present at the time of programming. Any old key which used to work will NOT work after programming sequence is performed unless it's programmed along with the others. Programming over-writes the old security code with a new one.

These instructions will probably only make sense to someone who has used a Tech2 before.

The ONLY way this works is:

1) a) Get a used TWICE unit with at least one matching key. It can come from any OG9-3 or 9-5, any engine, any body type, any transmission.

b) Install TWICE in your car.

c) Remove the trim ring around the ignition lock cylinder and hold the "donor" key (that matches the TWICE unit) in the antenna ring, and key the ignition ON with your old key.

e) With Tech2, enter DIAGNOSTICS >> ALL >> CLEAR ALL DTC's (or go in manually and clear DTC's in ECM and in TWICE)

f) With Tech2, enter ENGINE >> PROGRAMMING >> IMMOBILIZER

g) Follow the prompts for the waiting period. Then you will be prompted to take the keys one at a time in and out of the ignition. The key matching the TWICE unit has to be in the antenna ring when it prompts you to turn the first key to ON (you use your old key in the ignition to key it ON). This verifies the first key in the sequence since it already matches TWICE.

h) Now that the key adding procedure is started, follow the prompts, to turn the ignition key to LOCK and remove it. Then replace the antenna ring and follow the prompts to key the ignition to ON (with your old key) and press the UNLOCK button on the first remote if you have one.

i) Follow the prompts to add any additional keys. Press FINISHED on Tech2 when programming is complete.

2) a) Buy a new (blank) TWICE unit.

b) Install in car.

c) Clear all DTC's as before.

d) In Tech2, ENGINE >> PROGRAMMING >> IMMOBILIZER

e) Follow the prompts to program keys and remotes.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
Elder

why wont you just go to a dealer? at this point it would have been fixed and you only would have had to pay for these things once. now you may have created more problems for yourself without needing too and spending more money.

get the car to someone that knows what they are doing and follow Drew's instructions (which someone that knows what they are doing wont need anyway)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in