No start (key not accepted) - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
Avid TSL User

No start (key not accepted)

Drove fine one day, now my relay under passenger seat is clicking. And it is saying key not accepted. Will not even think of starting. These dam saabs are tricky tricky
Check
FUSES
Dif keys tried
RELAY
BATT
UN_plugg ecu
Un plugg batt
HOOD FUSES
People say it may be the twice unit? could i get a used one? and im sure it would have to be programmed> prices lol

Anyone a have any idea?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
Elder

Need more information, what year your car is, which transmission, exactly what it does when you turn the key and what the error message on the info display says, etc.

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

2001 saab 9-3 se convert. 5 speed transmission.
Key not accepted.
I have the key remote and that has never worked for trunk and door automatic lock.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
SAAB Road Master

It could be the same problem that was resolved in this thread:
https://www.saablink.net/forum/car-pr...only/85346.htm
Old 04-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
Avid TSL User

i did try a different antenna around the key
Old 04-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #6
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Try pressing the unlock button on the remote after you get the "key not accepted" message and see if it starts.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

Well there is another problem. when i got the car it had keys with dead batteries in them. with replacing the key batteries i also replaced the siren under passenger wheel well. Mine had got went and sorted out. had to replace plug as that thing burnt up lol. Anyway the key never worked for auto lock or truck pop.

Any body have a tech2 around Green Bay w.i. thats willing to lend a hand. This is my second saab 9-3 and i really like these cars, but both have given me random problems.

Ive had this car for a 4 months, ran fine started in cold weather (40 below) now i got problems
Old 04-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
Flirting With TSL Addiction

You should still try what I suggested.

If you don't have at least one key that will start the car, you will need to buy a twice and a matching key from Ebay. Then I believe you will still need a guy with a Tech II to match the TWICE to the DICE and ECU. You definitely need a Tech II to add a second key so that this doesn't happen again.

If you want to work at it and get a TWICE with ALL-In-1 keys, you can work it out so that you keep the same key blades and don't have to change locks.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

why would this happen? im getting the same deal. one day it drove fine. I need help. the sid wont even tell me how many keys are programmed or linked.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #10
Avid TSL User

Ok im back !!!!
Got a twice unit and matching key from junk yard out of a 2001 aero.
went to the right guy and bing bam boom running like a champ 10min later with two keys and a bill for 35 dollars. Big shout out to the auto shop in appleton w.i. and to everyone else that help encourage me along the way
Old 07-24-2014, 04:25 AM   #11
TSLMember

SWEET! Even better, you had two keys made. And the best, looks like you've found a fair and honest shop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in