Weird key fob issue - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to mlemorie Send a message via MSN to mlemorie
Weird key fob issue

My key fob stopped working on me today. I went out to the car, used the fob to unlock it and bring it in to change out a few burnt out bulbs and re-adjust my headlights. I plugged the alarm horn back in while I had the car in the shop too. When I went to lock the car again, nothing happened. I get no response from the hatch either. I searched and read through some of the threads on here, I tried re-syncing the remote with the key in the ignition and turned on, made sure the car was fully in reverse. I checked through the manual and just for shiggles, I pulled the batteries out of the fob and put them back in to try and reset it, and went through the procedure outlined in the manual. Still no luck. The key fob batteries are brand new, they came from e-euro with the rest of the parts to get this car back on the road. The fob has been working perfectly for the past week or two until today. The only thing I havent tried yet is disconnected the battery on the car and letting it reset in hopes that it will wipe the memory and let it re-learn. Im going to check fuses tomorrow. The only thing aside from a few burnt out peanut bulbs that I changed was plugging in the alarm horn. I disconnected that earlier this year when I was testing the electrical systems on the car before I had a working key fob. The alarm kept going off when I hooked the car up. I didnt have good fob batteries at the time, so I unplugged the horn just to shut it up. Could plugging that back in have done anything? It seems highly unlikely. Im not getting any LED flash signals either from the dash, so its not unhappy about anything specific.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 05:31 AM   #2
SAAB Road Master

Just so I don't go making a bunch of new threads: I'll make this my gremlin thread for the time being. Anyone ever had their antenna forget where up is? Every morning so far, my antenna goes up and then keeps going as if it has forgotten it was already up. Turn the radio back off and it only drops a few inches like it thinks it's finished. Works just fine through the rest of the day, only the first extension in the morning.

If a mod sees this, could you kindly change the thread title to electronic issues? Please and thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
SAAB Road Master

Got some time at work today and got more work done. Key fob issue is resolved, it was the fuse thankfully. Couldn't find anything funny with the antenna issue, so no luck there. Might any one of you guys/gals have a copy of the wiring diagram for the power mirrors that you could send my way? My copy is WIS is useless until I get a computer that can run it. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
SAABeginner

unfortunately i dont have a solution for the antenna but mine just started to only go down 2/3 of the way when i shut off the radio or turn the car off, so if your make any progress on the antenna please post it! thanks
Old 01-31-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
SAAB Road Master

I had a gold star moment today. Forgot to turn my radio off when I went through our car wash :l. SO its a new mast for me. Maybe I will find something gummed up inside the motor when its all apart. All other issues are resolved at this time.

Viper: try lubricating your antenna mast. It sounds like its binding before its fully retracted. Have someone try to help the antenna down (after cleaning and lubricating) to see what happens. Obviously don't force it from the top most segment though. You should be able to move each sheath freely and independently of one another without much resistance.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
TSLMember

I'm curious about lubricating the antenna mast. I have a similar problem, but my understanding is that you should avoid using standard lubricants. One suggestion I've seen is to use a glass cleaner to clean the mast and then rub it with a candle or paste wax.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
SAAB Road Master

Interesting, cant say Ive heard that. Ive always used either WD40 or a penetrating lubricant. I make sure to let it sit for a bit, then wipe away the excess so it doesn't attract a load of dirt right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in