Stereo and Speaker Issues - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
TSLMember

Stereo and Speaker Issues

I have a 97' 900 with the factory stereo. I think there is a short in the system. I'm not sure if it's just a loose connection into the deck or if its in the deck itself. Often when I go over bumps the whole driver's side (front and back) speaker set goes out. If I turn the deck OFF and then right back ON the driver's side speaker set starts working again.

Is this something that is just internal within the deck? Would it be cheapest to just take the deck to be repaired or get another used one?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

I would take out the deck, check that the connectors are plugged in all the way. After that I would get a shematic, and switch side of the speakers. So if after that, your right side goes out, you know it's the deck. After looking around a lot I bought a JVC double DIN. It didn't really fit, but after sawing off a plastic bar under the SID, and not using the outer case for the JVC, I made it fit. What is great about this CD-player is that you can set the colors independable for button's and screen. I found a color that match my SID, and a very light green that matches the buttons in the car. (I think they are supposed to be white, but for me they thay have a greenish tone) look's good, can never be factory look. But pretty good.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

My experience is that today's electronics are cheaper to buy new, then to repair. But if you consider a new factory unit, then it might be a good choice to repair?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
radio, speakers, stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in