A/C Comes On. Goes Off. Then Comes On for Rest of Trip (until next time) - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
Flirting With TSL Addiction

I never had the ACC/Blower issues that you are having, but I'll share my experiences. The radiator fan should run on slow speed when the A/C is on. Mine did not. It ended up being a broken wire on the reciever/dryer. The grille rubbed against it 'til it broke off. I'd get the cool air from the A/C on startup then it would go warm unless the radiator fan came on (high speed) to cool the engine or the car was moving at 30+ mph. Also, if the cabin air filter is clogged (mine was) you'll only have sufficient A/C when the ACC is in the recirc mode. Once I fixed the broken wire and changed the cabin air filter, my A/C worked perfectly. I had two problems, maybe you have more than one problem. Good Luck.

'00 VigVert- Nirvana
'00 9-3SE DD
2013 Silverado Z71 4WD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
Avid TSL User

Ok, if you want me to, I will try to brake it down. But the thing about Motronic was just an example, I don't think Motronic is causing this. On top of that, you probably have Trionic. I been looking at your pictures of your ACC. To me it looks like the ACC gone in to a mode, where you are not allowed to control the ACC? But on the other hand the screen "say's" that the fan is on speed 2? Which it is not, I cant imaging any signal that would cause a situation like this. I would concentrate the fault tracing, first on the fact that ACC "say's" that the fan is on, but it is NOT, and just hook up a testlamp to the power to the resistor to see if the box is sending power to the fan. But you said someone was talking about a "fancontroll box" in that case, do not hook up a testlamp, you can ruin the box, if it is a electronic box.
Ok, I guess im advanced mode again, sorry. Give me some specific question, and I try to brake it down. If you had not already tried 2 other boxes. I would say: Software, or the box itself. Are you sure the boxes you tried was software wise compatible with your car?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
a/c, blower, electrical, grounded, resistor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in