Washer nozzles - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 06:43 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

Washer nozzles

So I recently noticed that I had ran my tank dry of washer fluid. I bought a new bottle, filled up the reservoir and figured everything was cool. I went to wipe off my windshield using it and nothing came out. Tried again, holding the lever for about 10 seconds, nothing. Then I notice that there is spray coming from the front of my car and find out that my headlight washers are working perfectly. I get under the hood and do some poking around and find 2 hoses unhooked (prolly from when I was installing my boost gauge last week). I hook them back up, try again and still nothing. I traced every fluid line I possibly could, even unhooked the line running to the hood and pulled the lever to make sure it was squirting and it sprayed all over the wall of my garage. Hooked it back up, tried again and still nothing. As far as I can tell, all my lines are hooked up right, nothing is kinked or blocked. The pump obviously works and I took a needle and gently poked into the nozzle holes themselves to make sure they weren't clogged with dirt. Any ideas?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Avid TSL User

You can try unhookng the check valve from under the first nozzle, and plugging the supply line directly to the nozzle. if it works, you need a new check valve, If nothing comes out, you can try blowing compressed air throught the nozzle as you might have crud in the nozzle body. you may verry well end up needing new nozzles if you can't rule out the check valves. nozzles should be $17 or less and the valve should be around $5
hope this helps.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
TSLMember

yea, i had issues with the one way valves in the system. replaced them all and everything worked fine. but ya, i had the same problem where i ran it dry. so after i replaced the valves, i took the old ones appart and there was just dried wiper fluid gumming them up, so i probably could just cleaned them out and they woulda worked fine. but they are like $3ea. on eeuroparts.com i think, so just order some extra stuff and shipping is free if you have a $40 order or more.

480x70px or smaller please.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Avid TSL User

I ended up popping them out and taking a razor blade to the end of the valves, popped them off and found all that gooey crusty nastiness gumming up the springs and such. I wiped them off as best I could with some sturdy paper towels and ArmorAll windshield and window cleaner. I used the razor blade to scrape the rest of it off. Popped the caps back on the valves, reinstalled them and they work (mostly) like a charm. The passenger side one works great but the driver side valve only works after pulling the lever a couple times. Minor gripe really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in