2000 Viggen headgasket - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2019, 04:54 AM   #1
SAABeginner

2000 Viggen headgasket

Hi all I have a 2000 Viggen that has a pretty sizable headgasket oil leak. Was seeing if anyone in the New england area with experience on these would be willing in giving me a hand fixing it. Will be paid for your time. Would be a huge help. I know most of what to do but dont want to undertake this job alone. Been a while since working on any Saabs. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019, 04:33 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

As far as head gaskets go, that one is pretty easy. You may even get away with a retorque. Where in N.E.?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:38 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Regarding head gasket replacement or re-torquing, make sure you use the correct sequence for tightening the head bolts. This can make a difference of leak or no leak. Look for information in your users manual or on line.

Following general or generic practices of starting from upper left to right in a clockwise movement and slowly applying the correct toque in sequential passes to each bolt may be a mistake.

I have the 2.3 L, 16 valve, 4 cylinder steal block aluminum head on my 1993 Saab 9000. Saab recommends starting with the center lower bolt, then center upper bolt and working sequentially outward for each bolt to the recommended level.

A new head gasket may be needed based on miles and number of times the head has been messed with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in