2k saab 93 wont crank or Start - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab NG900 '94-'98 and 9-3 '99-'02 Forum > Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only

Car Problems? NG900 or old 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your NG900 or 9-3, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2015, 03:33 AM   #1
SAABeginner

2k saab 93 wont crank or Start

My car ran just fine up untill I lost my main key, luckily I had the spare not really considering the key opened the.doors,trunk,ect everything except start the vehicle. So after about 14 months I finally had figured out a place on ebay that would reprogram my TWICE MODULE and key considering when I tried to start the car before the reprogram key not accepted on CID and car alarm would sound.
So I get TWICE and key back and to my surprise no alarm or key not accepted on CID. The vehicle actually began to crank, a weak crank but still sounded like the car had life potential. Well at least for a few key turns , now it turns on dash lights and radiator fan without cranking and without the.crank there's no way the car will start. I put in brand new battery and the car ran perfectly before losing the main key. ?? Im stumped
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 06:17 AM   #2
Elder

Did you try a jump start? If your new battery sat there for 14 months it likely needs charged. A total discharge is really bad for a standard non-deep cycle car battery btw.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:49 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Thanks for the reply, and I shouldve been more clear I bought the battery just a few days before getting my TWICE MODULE and key mailed back to me from the cpmpany I sent them too to be reprogrammed.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
Elder

Sometimes things corrode and go bad while they're sitting there not being used. From the information that you posted, I'd begin troubleshooting outside of the key/TWICE module issue.

Good that it's a new battery, are you sure that it's not run down, and that the terminals are tightened and making good contact? Do you see/hear any clicking and carrying on, hear the fuel pump prime, etc, when you turn the key? Otherwise, do you know if the starter solenoid is receiving a signal? If you have a volt meter, you can check to see if 12V is being delivered to the solenoid when the key is used. Alternately you could consider running a jumper wire, from +12V on the battery to the solenoid terminal, to activate the solenoid, which should make the starter spin the engine (if it's a manual, BE SURE that the car is in neutral or the drive wheels are clear and off the ground--if it's in gear and things work right the car will move and maybe run you over).

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 09-05-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Its an automatic and I was actually thinking starter as well. It does however have full light working ability dash,high beams , low beams, I even tried jumping the damn thing. When I got the TWICE MODULE and key back from getting reprogrammed the vehicle did crank a few times. I did read a post about a possible bad antenna reading from the chip in the key to the transponder??? Do you know anything about that possibly.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #6
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

If it is cranking slow, it means the battery voltage either isnt high enough (bad battery, bad connection, bad ground) or the starter is failing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #7
SAABeginner

I will check all of the above then check back.. thanks for the posts
Old 01-19-2016, 02:57 PM   #8
SAABeginner

I am having the same problem with my 2001 9-3 SE convertible. I think my battery in my key fob is dead as it will no longer work with the alarm. I am getting a key not accepted message. I am on the road and do not want to waste time trouble shooting. So, I am curious as to whether you got your car started. I am hoping that all I need to do is replace the battery in the key fob. Did you get your vehicle started and if so, how did you resolve your problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in