New owner sorting issues - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab New 9-3 '03+ Forum > Car Problems? New 9-3 Only

Car Problems? New 9-3 Only If you're experiencing problems with your new 9-3 post your questions in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
SAABeginner

New owner sorting issues

Hey guys I have a 05 Saab 9-3 2.0t 5 speed manual. When I first got it had p0033 which I thought was a relatively easy fix but I haven’t had very good luck . So I replaced both bpv solenoids and I thought it was gone but it comes back when I reset it sometimes 1 hr sometimes a few days depends on how I drive , it dosent like 5th gear boosting , like passing someone on the interstate and then letting off quickly. That usually makes it come back right away . I replaced all the vacuum line, the recirc valve is new and a better one , I recently did my plugs (with good NGks) and the code will still come back and now if I get on it my boost pressure is jumpy , even though my foot isn’t moving , I also forgot to mention I checked my waste-gate and it was free , but now I’m thinking it’s bad ? I’ve done a bunch of research and I just am looking for your guys opinions. She runs really well except for that issue , I also put in a mechanical boost gauge , no other mods or codes except for that one when it wants . Thanks much!!! Also forgot turbo has no shaft play , noticed a bit of oil in intake but I don’t think enough to be concerned about

Last edited by 12feltonz; 10-22-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Troup
So the only driveability issue you're having is the surging boost? beyond that, it's a recurring check engine code? It doesn't fall flat on it's face when accelerating or anything like that? One of my 9000's has an issue at full throttle where the boost will Oscillated as opposed to staying steady. I'm pretty sure the BPC valve is my issue as it's a common culprit on the Trionic 5 cars. Sounds like you've already ruled that out, but I would make sure to inspect the wiring on it and stuff like that. Another good thing to check is anything that could cause a boost leak under pressure. Sometimes an intercooler hose can look normal, but have a hairline split in it that opens up under boost when you accelerate and causes problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue

Last edited by Troup; 10-22-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Troup
I presume you've probably already seen this thread, but it seems to have some helpful info regarding the code you're getting:

https://www.saabcentral.com/threads/...ircuit.118513/

You can also download the Saab Workshop Information System and install on your computer to help you diagnose the fault. Installation is pretty easy and the info is really valuable.

Saab WIS and EPC for Windows 10

If you're still stumped, I would recommend checking out the Facebook group called "Saab Owners USA" or one of the other groups. I hate it, but alot of people have gravitated to using Facebook to get technical help as opposed to forums. Kind of annoying because that makes it so it can't be found by people in the future who are having the same issues. Be sure to report back any solution you find!

I wish I could be of more help to you, but newer 9-3's aren't my wheelhouse. Welcome to the community!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-1992 9000 T5
-1994 9000 Aero
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Espresso Black
-2004 9-5 Aero Wagon - Glacier Blue

Old 10-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #4
SAABeginner

Thanks for the replies , I’m actually on the Facebook page already , I was attempting to make make a boost leak tester but got a few wrong parts , it drives real good until a higher gear like 4th where I stay in boost and then my gauge starts going bouncy , but up through it’ll hold for a few seconds while I change so my wastegate could be okay ? My next step will be check out intercooler hoses a little closer and see what I find , it has just started happening and the weather is getting a bit cooler so that might make sense , but a boost leak wouldn’t cause my cel to pop that code off would it ?
Old 10-23-2019, 08:23 AM   #5
Elder

Sounds like a boost leak. Did it act like that BEFORE you added the gauge.

I actually had a mechanical gauge that was the culprit leaking, talk about weird. It caused a leak on vacuum just acted funny on boost (like when you lift off as you said, but I never got a code )

If it came on after you added the gauge, check that, otherwise check all hoses under boost AND VACUUM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in