The Saab Link Forums

The Saab Link Forums (https://www.saablink.net/forum/index.php)
-   Car Problems? 9-5 Only (https://www.saablink.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   T7 No Start After Dash Swap (https://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119561)

Troup 08-23-2018 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS929k (Post 2194585)
Hey,

Yesterday I had an issue with some modules not being read from a TechII yesterday after I had changed some sound system wires. I think your issue may be harness related of relay related based off of my experience.

When I brought my car to a mechanic yesterday to run a scan with his TechII he told me that some of my modules were not being read from his TechII.

Play with the wiring harness a bit and make sure that you don't have some of the plugs that clip into the bottom of the fuse box in the wring slots. Also make sure that some of the important fuses are not blown.

So you have an aftermarket stereo and fooled with the wiring which led to BUS communication issues?

This car has an aftermarket head unit with some iffy wiring.

What did you guys do to fix it?

SS929k 08-23-2018 06:32 PM

With GM being behind the wheel of these cars manufacturing process I would assume yes but I could be wrong. If you have a TechII there isn't any harm in trying but while you are looking for that I would still suggest to check that the plugs are in the correct slots and that there are not any broken or cut wires.

DrewP 08-27-2018 11:24 AM

DICE needs the VIN number for the car programmed into it when you swap in a used one. You also have to make sure the body configuration matches (2-dr, 3-dr, etc.)

SS929k 09-13-2018 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewP (Post 2194647)
DICE needs the VIN number for the car programmed into it when you swap in a used one. You also have to make sure the body configuration matches (2-dr, 3-dr, etc.)

Any module within the cars functionality needs to be programmed in it seems. This makes sens for a car that is 2000 and up. A lot of new and exciting technology has been implemented in cars.

Troup 12-04-2018 05:44 AM

Update on this issue.

I was able to get the car started! When we pulled the original dash, the stereo wiring got bundled up and pushed out of the way. Either my or my brother's shoddy wiring job with the aftermarket stereo adapter harness wasn't properly insulated and was shorting out. I cut out the harness and insulated the wires and communication among the BUS systems came back.

Such a silly issue that completely paralyzed the car for almost a year. (Although in the total time it was down, I spent about an hour actually trying to fix it).

Very happy to have it back on the road. Thanks for all the replys in trying to help fix it.

SS929k 09-30-2019 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troup (Post 2195693)
Update on this issue.

I was able to get the car started! When we pulled the original dash, the stereo wiring got bundled up and pushed out of the way. Either my or my brother's shoddy wiring job with the aftermarket stereo adapter harness wasn't properly insulated and was shorting out. I cut out the harness and insulated the wires and communication among the BUS systems came back.

Such a silly issue that completely paralyzed the car for almost a year. (Although in the total time it was down, I spent about an hour actually trying to fix it).

Very happy to have it back on the road. Thanks for all the replys in trying to help fix it.

Very happy that we could help and a Saab gets to stay on the road.