oil pressure sensor - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

oil pressure sensor

Sure its been discussed plenty but if anyone can get more technical i appreciate it.
03 95 oil pressure sensor had a leak .changed. it today. Now oil warning light is on at idle which is a smidge low at 8-850 bring it up to 950 the light shuts off.
Motor has 112k so before we get int sludge talk. When i got car it had some varnish but not bad.
My question is...is this new shitty BECK/ARNLEY sensor have a different ohm rating than oem.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2014, 05:03 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Been burned too many times by aftermarket switches (especially those shitty FAE units). I'll only install genuine
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriks1 View Post
Been burned too many times by aftermarket switches (especially those shitty FAE units). I'll only install genuine
bump

Old 09-28-2014, 04:54 PM   #4

I'd get a real gauge on there and check the actual pressure.

112k is not too low to be sludged up.... Don't rule that out.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Oh im sure it does have x amount of sludge . But wondering if the cheap sensor is more sensitive. Since it is new or ohms to psi are not giving what the car is looking for since its cheap.
Im usually cautious when picking between oem and aftermarket.
Slipped my mind on this one. Its a thin line not getting burned by junk or burned by saab
Old 09-29-2014, 05:15 PM   #6

Well neither is calibrated really. I can't remember the verbiage in the wis, but I think they mention light comes in at approximately 6 psi. I'll check.

You could put a rubber hose on both, dial an air compressor to a value, then compare the resistance of both.

Regardless, do you really want 6-7 psi at idle? That's a problem for me. General rule of thumb is 10 psi per 1000 rpm. If it were my car I'd want to verify that for sure, not speculate on whether or not the factory sensor is more or less accurate than an aftermarket one.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #7

From wis, light comes on at .3 to .55 bar.

That's 4.35 to 7.97 psi.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (392.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Tboy; 09-29-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in