Key not accepeted - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 PM  
SAABeginner

Key not accepeted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, would anyone be able to give me advice on my problem?
Got into my car yesterday morning after a long shift at work wich is 200 kilometers from home and noticed when I unlocked the car that only the drivers door unlocked, I unlock it with the blade key because the key remote has never had batteries in it in the time ive owned the car.
next thing I put the key in the ignition and the car didn't start, all the reds came on but no start so I assumed I left something on and flattened the battery so I grabbed the booster pack out of the truck and tried to jump start it and it still did the same, then I noticed on the SID "KEY NOT ACCEPTED"
I am now back home and the car is 200 kms away,
Here is what I observed.

Passenger seat not moving but drivers seat still works.

central locking not working.

Steering lock stays unlocked.

with new battery in the key remote there is still no remote (although I have never had the remote working in the time I owned the car)

A relay under the passenger side seat is clicking several times after I try to start the car.

sometimes the starter motor clicks when I turn to start.

With the ignition on, and a jumper wire to the starter I can turn the engine over but the ignition or fuel system seems to not be working.

the coil around the ignition switch under the rubber cover is all intact, unbroken and soldered in at both ends.

radio, cig lighter, wipers etc work with the key on.

All fuses related to starter, ignition, fuel pump, twice dice etc are good.

both keys do not work!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 05:05 PM  
TSLMember

Check the Twice unit under the drivers seat to see if it's wet..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:38 PM  
Avid TSL User

what year is your car?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:46 AM  
SAABeginner

Twice is the problem.

My 2000 95 SE Wagon has the same problem. The Twice unit under the drivers seat IS wet. At first the sid did say: key not excepted, but now it does not. The power door locks do not work. The sid now says : check OK. I had a Saab mec check out the codes and everything is ok but the Twice. The code says: twice not responding. The engine does turn over but it won't start. I'm told I need to take out the twice and dry it out. If that don't work. Buy a used one on ebay along with the key and ignition cylinder. There about $200.00. My Saab is just sitting in the driveway. It only has 85000 on it. I just did the timing belt, water pump, bypass valve, mufflers, front wheel bearings. I'm told the reason the Twice got wet, is because one of the drains for the AC is clogged on one side and the water comes in the car on the floor. Hope this helps.

Last edited by chazmatic; 09-21-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:50 PM  
TSLMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmatic View Post
My 2000 95 SE Wagon has the same problem. The Twice unit under the drivers seat IS wet. At first the sid did say: key not excepted, but now it does not. The power door locks do not work. The sid now says : check OK. I had a Saab mec check out the codes and everything is ok but the Twice. The code says: twice not responding. The engine does turn over but it won't start. I'm told I need to take out the twice and dry it out. If that don't work. Buy a used one on ebay along with the key and ignition cylinder. There about $200.00. My Saab is just sitting in the driveway. It only has 85000 on it. I just did the timing belt, water pump, bypass valve, mufflers, front wheel bearings. I'm told the reason the Twice got wet, is because one of the drains for the AC is clogged on one side and the water comes in the car on the floor. Hope this helps.
Do you have an all in one key?
If so, you don't need the ignition cylinder, just the Twice and an all in one transponder, you will need someone with Tech2 to program the new Twice to the cars ECU.
I have a Twice/all in one transponder available if you need one.
Where are you located?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in