help with blinkers - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
help with blinkers

yup,
so yesterday, i was up at coopers house in NH and we moved my intercooler farther up into my bumper, so it didnt hang so low.
after we got it back in place, we went out for a test run to make sure everything was still good. no bumper, no lights, no front corner lights. so i get out to a main road and put on my left blinker. since the front isnt hooked up, it blinks really fast. all of a sudden, it shut off. and wont go back on again. i get back to coopers, and we put everything back together.

go out again, still no dice with the blinkers. drove all the way from NH to bangor, maine, and out of habit, i still tried to use them. got all the way back to school, after a little run in with some unwanted blue vehicle with blue lights. (i will update another thread on this later today). and i got to campus and tried my hazard lights. they light up just fine (all blinkers), and they flash at a steady rate like normal.

i tried to reset my ecu by pulling the fuse, but i got no change.

does anybody have any idea on this. i cant find any relay for the blinkers, i cant find any fuses that arent blown, and the bulbs are still good cause the hazards still work just like normal.

thanks in advance,
Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mcrowley
Did you get everything hooked back up properly? ie...correct connectors to the corresponding bulbs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Yea Im sure we got everything hooked up properly - the strange part is that the hazard lights work and they work properly.

I think Nick's exact words were "haha, my lights are flashing fast...shit, they just stopped". Which is exactly what happened - the rear turn signals were flashing super quick, as well as the dash indicators for a few seconds then poof; everything went out (prior to re-assembling the front end). Then nothing worked, we put the front end back togeher and yet again nothing worked...

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #4
Elder

Sounds like the car has a grudge against one of you...

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Yea Nick, codesplice is right...its because you ran over your cars windshield washer feed - that must have upset it.

Though I figured you made up for that good and well by absolutly shit stomping that kid in the honda with body kit, steel wheels and the fart cannon Without a front end on your car none the less.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
Elder

yeah. so true. i did kill the honda pretty hard. on a turn lane too, not much area to pass.

and yeah, i did kill the feed line for the washer fluid. i think i might just clamp that line i snapped, as i tried the washers and the windsheild still came on. and the headlight wipers didnt work anyways as i pulled the fuse.

any more blinker suggestions?

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 04-17-2006, 09:54 AM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to WyldSaabMan
haha your bumper bar is painted body color, sweet!!

See if you can reset the DICE module.
04 Yamaha YZF600R
00 Polaris XC700
99 Saab 9-3-RIP
98 900s N/A-RIP
Old 04-17-2006, 10:00 AM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to stromer
Is there an individual relay for the blinkers that is seperate from the hazzard? I would beleive there is, as the hazard works with the ignition off, but the blinkers won't. The relays on my car are in with the fuses under the hood. I'd check that. If there is another relay in there that is the same size, swap em. If not, maybe see if coop's would work. Last resort would be to buy one at the dealer and see if that solves the problem.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
Elder

well i got it fixed. i disconnected the battery and ran the city lights for a few minutes to fully discharge the system. it seemed to have reset the dice (or twice) module. i think it just killed the lights to minimize any damage to the rear bulbs.

this car keeps getting me, with it being smarter and smarter about everything. lol

Nick

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #10
Elder

btw, thanks for the help

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 04-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
Elder

It kinda scares me to drive a car that's smarter than me. It's a very humbling (and often bewildering...) experience.

Glad you got it sorted out

2001 9-3 - Nordic Stage 3
2007 9-5 2.3T Wagon

Old 04-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
Elder

yeah, me too. the drive back up to school from NH with cooper was insane, and not having blinkers made it plain scary. i am glad it fixed itself, and that i didnt have to do too much investigating with things!

Nick

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in