getting codes p1300,p0303,p0300 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
SAABeginner

getting codes p1300,p0303,p0300

hello everyone. im new to forums but not auto repair. I have a 2000 saab 9-5 wagon. im getting p1300,p0303,p0300. when I start the car it will idle then the boost gauge goes all the way up and shuts off the car. it will start right back up but does the same thing. but heres the catch if I unplug the maf the car will run. just not very strong. i have already replaced the maf and the coil cassette and still the same problem. been searching the web trying to find out whats going on but haven't had any luck. forgot to mention its a 4cyl.any experienced help would be greatly appreciated.
thanx.

Last edited by fxroof; 12-14-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Elder

Sounds like a leak in the hose for the wastegate, check your BPC
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
SAABeginner

I replaced most of the upper vac. hoses. changed them 1 at a time. however I got the car on a lift today and found a broken hose and the innercooler hose unhooked.i hooked them up and the car got worse...it doesn't want to accelerate even without the mass air plugged in.im not sure if all of the vac. hoses are all in the right places. there was one going out of itself and back into itself. trying to find a good source for vacuum hose routing.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
The boost gauge is just an analog readout of the MAF.
If your boost gauge is spiking, it's because the MAF is. Have you tried another?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via ICQ to g96nt Send a message via AIM to g96nt Send a message via MSN to g96nt Send a message via Yahoo to g96nt
Vacuum hose routing is pressy simple on these. It just seems difficult.
from the manifold, there's one to the FPR, one to the PCV valve, and one to the bypass valve.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
SAABeginner

already replaced maf with new one. and with it hooked up it doesn't even want to run.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Elder

New saab? new ebay? new junkyard?
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
SAABeginner

new saab. dic also.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
Elder

See if you can get a reading from a Tech-II or have an Indy Saab mechanic check it out.
94 C900 Vert - Sold
94 325i Vert
Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
SAABeginner

im not one to take my cars anywhere to get any kind of work done.(specially the stealership). if I cant figure it out its just not worth it to me.as of right now I have about $1000 in the car total with purchase and wasted parts. I will get it back in the shop on a lift and figure it out. I just thought I could join a saab site and some of the (experts) could help me out. but it seems like it stumped everyone. I will fix it in a couple days and let everyone in on this headache.

Last edited by fxroof; 12-20-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Avid TSL User

Honestly seeing as you changed the MAF and DIC and im guessing plugs, i think it might be the CPS i have seen it throw some very random codes and also have very different symptoms on many different cars, its another 100 dollars but its worth a shot. When every you cant figure out the issues and it happens very randomly its the CPS thats how i see it. Take a look at the rpm guage If it's not moving as you crank the engine, the CPS is at fault.

My cars fuel pump failed and a week later the CPS at random would not start after i have drove it until it cooled down or i pulled the ecu fuse, and it had the same issue when it was wet or humid outside...

My friends saab was a little different his would randomly die while driving and the not crank up until it cooled down or pull the ecu fuse, also sometimes not crank even when it was cold.

Its all depending on how bad the CPS is or if its even at fault..

Goodluck!

Last edited by Saab95Aero; 12-20-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #12
SAABeginner

ok. heres what happened. I put the car back up on the lift and started it and couldn't see anything. so I let the car down and went to old school thinking...so I grabbed some carb cleaner and started the car. sprayed everywhere and it ended up being intake gasket was sucking air but not leaking any water. installed new intake gasket and vroom vroom back in business. just another example of over thinking things. check engine light is not always a electronic problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in