1300 and 0300 misfire codes after changing MAF?!?!? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

1300 and 0300 misfire codes after changing MAF?!?!?

Just recently I replaced my MAF in my 02 9-5 Aero with another good MAF to see if that would change my MPGs. I've done this before with my Viggen and it actually helped out a lot. I figured it wouldn't hurt. After I replaced the MAF the first start up was great, idled fine. Started down the road, made it about 4 miles when I felt a sudden lose of power. Almost felt like it went to limp mode. The check engine light then began to flash on/off. I pulled over in the next available pull off. I tried inspecting as much as could without having any tools on me. Car starts fine, then slowly starts to idle rough. The turbo gauge also jumps/moves while idling. I had my code reader with my at the time. The code showing was p1300.

I immediately went back to my garage and grabbed the original MAF I took out, different DIC, spark plugs out of my Viggen and some tools. I switched out everything and still came across the same symptoms. Almost like its hesitating or not getting enough fuel. When I pulled codes the this time, I got p1300 and p0300. Feel like switching out the MAF caused a chain reaction in the fuel system.

Also.....my car ran great before I switched the MAF. I'll have a little time to work on it today and tomorrow. Hopefully this is a minor problem.

Any thoughts?
2002 9-3 SE
2002 9-3 SE Vert
1999 LB 9-3 Viggen
1996 9000 CSE (RIP)
1990 9000 S (SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Believe I found the problem after further inspection this morning. One of the IC hoses came right off the IC. Explains a lot. I'll hook everything up shortly and see.
2002 9-3 SE
2002 9-3 SE Vert
1999 LB 9-3 Viggen
1996 9000 CSE (RIP)
1990 9000 S (SOLD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
SAABeginner

im having the same issue...did you ever get it fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in