03 Saab 9-5 Cold Air Blowing - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Exclamation 03 Saab 9-5 Cold Air Blowing

Hey guys,

Sooooooooooo.....just about two weeks ago, I replaced my Heater Control Valve because it was leaking antifreeze. The leak has stop, however from then to now i been having problems with my heat. My system is blowing cold air on and off. Its been happening when needed, such as night however the heat was working during the day. So tonight coming from work, it just blew cold air. I tested the unit for error codes and I got none. I did replace some lamps on the panel today and I don't know if disconnecting it from the cable makes that happen because for a couple days before that, it was working fine day and night. All I know this was happening when I installed that heater control valve. Which reminds me, I did change the antifreeze the same day, however there should be no air inside the system. I did drive the vehicle with the reservoir cap off to kinda "burp" out any air.

Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Elder

You reversed the two left hand side hoses going to the heater diverter valve. You'll need to get back in there and swap the top and the bottom hoses on the passenger side of the valve.

I've done this a few times myself!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
SAABeginner

Are you sure? I'm pretty positive it is correct because when I installed the new valve, i took one hose of at a time and connected the same way with the original unless with this aftermarket heater control valve its opposite directions? Lol. I mean if the hoses were put backwards, why or can it still produce heat out of my vents?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Elder

I'm sure that the symptoms match exactly what happens when you reverse the two hoses. Again I've done it a few times, scratched my head, scanned for ACC fault codes and then compared the hose routing to EPC and they were reversed. I've sworn it couldn't be, but you are working in a tight space and the hoses are a tangle and stuff happens!

I'm not sure of much else beyond that!

If you did them one at a time you would think it would be ok though...
Old 09-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Well I will take a look tomorrow. Thank you ^_^
Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
SAABeginner

So I checked the lines, everything is correct. The next thing that I will check is the blend doors. Those shitty plastic arms may be broken.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #7
Elder

^ That should come up with ACC fault code calibration. The 2003 doors were better than the early ones
Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Let us know after you check the codes. Stepper motors can go out too.

Also, is your car coming up to temp? Is air really cold, or just not hot? If not hot, your thermostat may be stuck open.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in