Xenon Headlamp - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

Cool Xenon Headlamp

Hello all

My Right Hand side headlamp has stoped working. I first tought it was the bulb that needed to be changed.
So I bought a pair of new D1S Xenon bulbs and replaced the Left one and all worked fine. The right one did not work.
A mechanic told me that I would need to replace the whole Headlight Assembly at a cost of 1600$.
But after looking at the WIS, I found that there is a control module and that the control module is not sold with the assembly. So what would be the point of replacing it ?
How can I make sure that I will need to replace only the control module ? Is the controle module replacable ?

Tx
Sebastien
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Elder

You can replace the control module if needed its seperate. BUt before that chekc teh wiring. It is fitted with a netowrk looking cable ( like an ethernet or phone cable) and the connections are prone to corrosion, causing them to fail. You may be able to avoid replecement by cleaning the contacts
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Elder

what year 9-5? factory xenons? when did it fail? how did it fail? do you get the warning that it failed?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #4

I have a 2006, 9-5 Aero.
Since I bought the car used, I assume that they are factory xenon.
It failed a few days ago.
Just stop. Like a light bulb that burned out.
A minute before it went out, I saw something go on in the console. Just long enough to attract my attention but not long enough to know which warning lit up.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #5

Thank you JSSAAB,
I will give it a try over the weekend and let you know.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #6
SAABeginner

Swap the modules to determine if that's the problem.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #7

Hi all.

Thank you all for your answers. I will need a new control module. Anyone knows where to buy from in Canada ?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #8
Shh
SAABeginner

Hi everyone
I just bought a 2008 9-5, Nice car but I having problems with the xenon headlights, WhenI first looked at the car it looked like one of the bulbs would need to be replaced, it was very dim, come to find out it was not secured in the back of the lamp housing so I pulled the nose off and pulled the light housing and tried securing it, but now driving at night both do not put out much light and high beans are very dim . It seems mickey mouse the way the bulb is held in by these little friction tabs nothing else, I also have a 2004 9-5 Arc that has the Xenon lighting and they work great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
control, headlight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in