2004 9-5 AERO Throttle Body - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

2004 9-5 AERO Throttle Body

My mechanic has diagnosed the throttle body is rapidly going bad (pulsing at idle in gear, pulsing on highway at speed, a fault code) and a replacement (about $520) is on back order in The USA with no time frame.

I contacted NEO Brothers (http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/index.php) in The UK who have a new throttle body in stock (215 Pounds Sterling = $337 with shipping) and are shipping it to me via FedEx International.

Guess we should all get used to doing stuff like this.

Feff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

I have a good back up! Woot woot.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
TSLMember

I think BBA-Reman does T7 TB rebuilds for $175. If like their alarm module work, it may come with a lifetime warranty too.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
I think BBA-Reman does T7 TB rebuilds for $175. If like their alarm module work, it may come with a lifetime warranty too.
Anybody done this yet. I have seen many got sent back from BBA un-reapairable...

I have had good luck with my failing unit by lightly moving the butterfly using the cable with the engine running taking care not to be to quick or rough as to set it into limp home. Seems ot allow the sensor to "find" the posiiton at least for a few hundred miles Been doing this for several months while new ones are not available
Old 09-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssaab View Post
Anybody done this yet?
I went with BBA Reman this spring and did the exchange. 3 months later works perfectly. They do offer lifetime guarantee.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehmbo View Post
I went with BBA Reman this spring and did the exchange. 3 months later works perfectly. They do offer lifetime guarantee.
For a 9-5? Quite different from a 9000 btw
Old 09-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to mike d
is your tech a saab guy? and has he tried to just reset it?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
SAABeginner

I used P/N 9188186 in my '02 9-5 Aero (here) and did the advance exchange so I wouldn't have a down car. I did the replacement work myself - quite easy - probably a 20min job.

The car had typical symptoms of repeatedly going into limp-home mode (LHM). I'd also had some surging issues at highway speed, but not sure if that was related to the TB or not. FWIW, the surging disappeared after replacing the TB.

Anyway, I'd reset it and it go for a while (a week or two) and then it would end up in LHM at the most inopportune times. I got good at doing the reset routine, but once the frequency become more than once a week, I had had enough.

BTW, not sure if its in my head, but the throttle response seems to be much smoother now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in