Heater Not Blowing Air - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #1
SAABeginner

Heater Not Blowing Air

So today on the coldest day, the blower on the heater just stopped working. I checked the #22 fuse and its fine and also did the Auto/Off diagnostic and at first it gave me a 0 then I got 1 on the drivers side and 6 on the other. The heat still seems to be working just no blowing, What to try next?? Thanks

BTW its a 2000 9-5 V6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

You have One code: (6) Stepping motor, air-mixing flap, LH Open circuit, short to B+ or short to ground B2490
ACC Fault codes | Saab 9-5.com

Which is #23 on the left side of the diagram on eeuro.
eEuroparts - Search Results

You can get to it by these instuctions 1-3
12.10.2009: Saab 9-5 Blend Door Repair - photo.platonoff.com

After it's out, well you'll have to research that on your own.
2007 Cbr600

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #3
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to Carl Send a message via Skype™ to Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashinaRocks View Post
So today on the coldest day, the blower on the heater just stopped working. I checked the #22 fuse and its fine and also did the Auto/Off diagnostic and at first it gave me a 0 then I got 1 on the drivers side and 6 on the other. The heat still seems to be working just no blowing, What to try next?? Thanks

BTW its a 2000 9-5 V6
Sounds like the blower motor landed on a dead spot on the armature or the brushes are toast. Turn recirc. off, enable your preferred vent setting and crack the sunroof... the venturi effect will draw warm air through the core and out through the vents and if you're really, really lucky, it will turn the fan over just enough to energize the winding and it will blow on its own until it lands on that dead spot again. Consider a new fan motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M00 9-3 Conv. B234 makes up for Sun Green
M73 99L In Maine

Old 02-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
SAABeginner

Thanks to both of you. They both seem like fairly simple fixes...lets hope I don't need a new motor. Yikes! If not for just the cost, I don't want to have to pull that damn thing out. Going to try the cracking of the sunroof while lighting candles and chanting right now.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
SAABeginner

Ok so got under there and thought I would try something. I pulled the rod out of the second lever (the upper one its yellow on the passenger side) then the fan started to blow again, just until i turned the car off. When I turned it on again no blowing. So I am assuming it has something to do with that lever, but I got to it and it looks fine. Any ideas??
Old 02-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
SAABeginner

Now I am thinking its a short somewhere because I drove it today and it randomly came on and stayed on a few times while being disconnected from the lever and rods. Also moved the pieces around and it started the blower. Interesting stuff. I'm not sure how to ground it, but I guess I'll look it up.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Elder

Not a short carl is right probably bad bushes in the motor.. you can buy generic ones and repalce them, there is a thread here ( or on saabcentral)
Old 02-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
SAABeginner

Alrighty gonna try for the brushes soon...luckily its warm right now. Any suggestions on how to get the wipers off I hear they are pretty tough. Anyone use a puller?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #9
SAABeginner

Just a Heads up it was the blower motor, luckily found a fella on craig's list parting out and got it installed for $100. Now I have heat. Thanks for the help, but I have a new problem now. I guess I will start a new thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
blowing, heater

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in