dead trans -CEL codes:Scanned codes P0730, P0722 and P1624 - Page 2 - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #21
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking1975 View Post
Not sure I would rebuild the transmission...you can buy a low mileage AT from a recycle yard for 325 plus shipping...this would save you a lot of work and a 50K transmission built buy Saab is better than a rebuild any day. I am do not think the rebuild kit quality is the same as OEM...then again I might be wrong...found one in Mass for 325.00 with 48K miles on it
Ended up buying a replacement 100k miles. Will look into rebuilding dead trans when out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #22
Avid TSL User

Changes trans, cleaned oil sump & pickup (50% blocked) gave synth diet.

Car drives well, does not want to engage reverse at times, but going from drive to reverse it will then engage.

Any ideas what may cause this reverse issue?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 AM   #23
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndnate1 View Post
Changes trans, cleaned oil sump & pickup (50% blocked) gave synth diet.

Car drives well, does not want to engage reverse at times, but going from drive to reverse it will then engage.

Any ideas what may cause this reverse issue?

Reversed the input & output sensor connections!! DOH>

Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndnate1 View Post
Reversed the input & output sensor connections!! DOH>
Hey,
I recently picked up a used tranny and did the swap. And now I'm throwing P1624, P1135, P0722 and P0705. I wondered about the input & output sensor connections and why the hell they would use the same plug. Do you recall what color or length the wires were to the rear sensor. I may have mine reversed. I'm having the same issue as you and a few more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
p0722, p0730, p1624, transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in