here we go again - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
TSLMember

here we go again

just did a tdo4h swap, very please with the boost gain in 2nd gear. Neverthe less, just filled up at my normal gas stop. started the vehicle and it falls on it's face. i got p0300 and i got a p1300. i have a fear of it might be the di casset going. although the p1300 has me intrested whether or not it's just a adjacent code or somthing different in it'sself. my generic obd reader can't define the p1300. if anyone could throw me a boneon it, that what help alot. i need as much clues as possible dieing to add more upgrades.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Elder

Seems more like the DI going bad.

I'd try out another DI if you have one, and replace the spark plugs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
TSLMember

Question di cassets

do 93 in the same time frame share the same di's (cassets)?
Also what other vehicles in the line share the same? I know during the the 99 -03 there was only the 95, 93

Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #4
Deez Nutz
Site ModeratorElder

Send a message via AIM to Palmer
2000-02 9-3/9-5 are t7, so yes they do use the same DI. It's black.

The viggen was t-7 in 99 also.

Last edited by Palmer; 08-02-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

00-02(03 Convertibles) 9-3's and all 4cylinder 9-5's have the same DI.

P1300 is the random misfire code.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
TSLMember

thanks everyone

I thought the p300 and the p1300 were hand in hand codes. I am very certain it's probaly the di going just cause thee scenario is random across the board. I wonder whether or not it has happen to someone else where it won't even start to hold a idle?
I priced out a di just 20 min's ago. I'm going with my gut feeling just hoping that's all she wrote. but not too prepared to do any additional diag if the saga continues. I'll wait till i have the itch to go and figure it out.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Well, if your DI is failing then you will definitely be having random misfires. So yes, they can go hand in hand.

But you can throw the random misfire code for a number of other reasons, as well.

If you can find someone to swap DI's with it takes less than 5 minutes to do. Definitely worth it just to make sure.

Also, what year is your car? Would be worth it to call the dealership and see if your car is covered under the DI recall, and if it's had the recall done yet. I believe it was for 00-04 9-5's, but it may have been 01. Definitely know that 99's aren't covered.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM   #8
TSLMember

Lightbulb it's a bit older

My vehicle is 99 9-5 b235e I doub t it's anything else, I have replaced the fuel pump less than two months ago, and right before that oddly enough i replaced the plugs. I doubt it's the mass.cause if i want to i cn feed it gas to keep it going and ride the clutch to get it moving. that's how i got it home actually. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE DI'S WENT BAD DUE TO HEAT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in