NPS going bad! - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Flirting With TSL Addiction

NPS going bad!

I think my neutral position switch is going bad. I started the car this morning with a check gearbox light and check engine light on. I ended up having to turn the car off and keep moving the gear shift up and down in order for the light to go off. I have had to do that eveytime I parked the car. I was able to get a used switch from a 9-5 in the junk yard that I am going to give a try. If that doesn't work then I might have to cough up another 280 buck for this shit.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

'albert, this is your inner car guy speaking.... time to get a new damn car!'

hope you can get it workin.

you gonna make it up to SIS?

Casey
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #3

lol yeah..I wish I could man..I just don't have the fund right now..still being in school and all...but when I graduate then yes I will by a nice new saab.

P.S I call the guys for the manifold but I will have to somehow get the manifold off the car before they could work on it. I have no knowledge of how to do that lol.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

ugh thats a job.... worst part is you might break more studs... damn

Casey
Old 04-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #5

Lol i need to sell this car lol. Dont think anyonnes gonna buy a saab that has a broken manifold stud to fix though
Old 04-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
SAABeginner

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100542/DIY...osition-Switch

I bought a used on off eBay for like $60. It's been working fine for more than a year now.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #7

Yeah I got one from the Junk yard but it looks different from the one that is currently on my car. I swapped them unsucessfully. The car didn't start. So I am going back to the junk yard to return it.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #8

Damn. I put in the new NSS but car still wont get out of park. I did what the instruction said but the shifter is loose and goes between R and D really easily and I can't figure out why. I am not sure if its that long arm that allow through the gear changes or wat.

Last edited by SaabBlackMan; 04-16-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in