Fuel pressure cut off? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
TSLMember

Fuel pressure cut off?

First off I'd like to say Hello to everyone

A bit of history on my car, 03 motor, just replaced DI and spark plugs.

I have had the boost issue for sometime now, and I don't know if I decided to try hauling ass too soon after replacing the DI ( 20 minutes after replacement ) or what.. but NO CELS.

So at random times my car decides to abruptly hesitate under hard acceleration. A jolt 'N go process...

Some background on my car..

First gear from the pit boost moves up to 15 psi until shift and then the car dies. The car instantaneously goes to 4 psi and then slowly builds up to a maximum of about 8 psi. Then the shift into third and I will maybe hit 10 psi.

If I floor the car at 40 it will go to 15 psi and then go straight down to 6-7 and stay there..

I notice if I let off the gas and press it again fairly quickly the car will hit 16 psi and hold it.

I checked the BCV.. The spring in itself is very hard to push, so that rules it out.

Being able to hold 15 psi in first and not any other gears rules out the wastegate, although in higher gears when it spikes to or over 18 I think the wastegate can play a small part in this problem at that time. Vacuum lines have been replaced, except the one from the front of the throttle body to the back of the black box ( about a foot long ) And the one's that my boost gauge line is T'd off of.

-Derek
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Have you checked the BPC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
TSLMember

"So at random times my car decides to abruptly hesitate under hard acceleration. A jolt 'N go process..."

This has apparently ceased all action. Very peculiar.. Could this have just been the result of hard acceleration on a new DI?

How would I go about testing the BPC?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
No a failing DI will do that where it bogs down as it can't get the spark going and then it all clicks. Had that happen twice now with failing DI's. Generally when it happens you'll also get the flashing CEL noting misfire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
TSLMember

Well it isn't bogging down, as I remember what that was like before it completely went out on me. I remember because I would press the gas to accelerate and it wouldn't go any faster, followed 30 minutes after by rough idle etc.

Any takes on the boost issue, I am fairly fed up with this as it has been six months like this.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
Elder

Is your car an Aero?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
TSLMember

Yes
Old 10-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #8
Elder

Part of the reason you are seeing the boost spikes is that the Aero versions have a over boost feature. It will alow them to boost more for a short time. this is to keep the pistons from melting. As for specifics as to how much your car should boost I would have to look it up. As for the cut out part, what type of spark plugs did you install? mabey try a new set again. I've been witness of new plugs causing this problem. Try to start simple first. Good luck
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 AM   #9
TSLMember

Only manual models feature over boost friend :]
Old 10-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
TSLMember

So that is it for advice huh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in