&^%$#! Car Alarm - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

&^%$#! Car Alarm

For the past two days my car alarm has been going off at random intervals. Maybe 4 times a day. Not a good thing unless someone is breaking into your car. Which they aren't.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this to happen? And better, how to make it stop?

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Elder

forum search is your friend

https://saablink.net/forum/showthread...=alarm+battery

https://saablink.net/forum/showthread...=alarm+battery
Old 07-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #3

There's a bonus to this as well... central locking keeps trying to lock the lift gate even though it already is. The dash says it's unlocked when it isn't.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!

Old 07-18-2008, 01:20 PM   #4

Your car is a 2004, right? You probably need to pull the fuse in the engine bay, like I did... Interesting that yours starts to go out right at the same time mine did. Anyways, as you probably read in those threads, pulling the fuse will temporarily disable the alarm system so that it doesn't go off at all random times of the night. Then you probably need the alarm siren batteries replaced, or the glass break sensor(though I haven't really heard of this one on a facelift car yet its still possible).

I've been running around with not AC(same fuse as the alarm) in 100+ heat for almost two weeks now because the fucking dealership can't get me in there until next tuesday. So, so retarded.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Trollerator
Elder

Mike, this happened on our 99 and I ripped the alarm module out, easy fix. I plan to solder in a new battery and replace it, buy have gotten distracted.

DIP's site has a good tutorial on how to get the alarm module out and replace the battery. also fixmysaab has one IIRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
Trollerator
Elder

oh yeah .. on the 99 the alarm box screws apart, I think on later ones you have to pry it open and upon re-assembly use a silcone type sealant to re-seal it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #7

This started happening the same day that I tried to shut the lift gate without looking and something was in the way.

The gate closed, or so I thought, and I went about going into the store. When I was done and went to drive away across an intersection, I hit a bump and the gate opened fully! In traffic! That was fun... but I digress.

I pulled over and went to shut the gate, but it wouldn't latch. I hit the unlock button on the driver's door and then shut the gate. When I got back in the car to drive away, the light was on saying that the gate was open. But it wasn't. Then it tries to lock itself as if the gate wasn't fully closed. It did this about 6-8 times and then stopped. When I got back to work, the alarm started going off about 10 minutes after I parked. Sort of makes me think that the alarm and the lift are connected to the same problem.

Oh, and I can kill the alarm with the remote which I don't think was happening in those other threads. Thank God for warrantees!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #8

Thanks Dan, I think we were typing at the same time!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
Trollerator
Elder

in that case that may be a sensor or something with the latch you f-ed up??

don't feel bad you have a warranty and probably know what way to tunr bolts to loosen them.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 07-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to spgeebee88
it sounds like your interrior lock switch is stuck in the lock position possably
Old 07-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #11
Flirting With TSL Addiction

The latch sensor is a built in micro swotch to the latch it self. The way to fix it is to replace the latch since the microswitch is busted from slamming it on something or there may be a way to fix it inside the latch but I've never cracked one open to see if it's possible.

1979 99 GL "99 Super"
1999 S10 ZR2
1991 Mazda Miata
78' Turbo
Old 07-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #12

Sounds a little beyond me... indy mechanic here I come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in