NO CD with 2 CDs? - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Elder

NO CD with 2 CDs?

So my mom just informed me that on her 2002 or 3? 9-5 Aero there might be 2 CDs in the single CD player and it says NO CD. Any solutions for this? She is fairly certain there might be 2 in there because she has 5 CD cases in the arm rest and only 3 CDs and they never leave her car (Both are strange off the wall music no would want but her). She just recently had the car in for its 60,000 Mile Tune Up and it was after this that the CD problem was discoverd.

Any ideas? I want to try to fix this myself and save her some money.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Elder

bump for help!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Elder

why are u bumping so quick, its only been like 40min from first post. Give people time to see it, try 24hr.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I had a friend do this on his accord, and we just slid a butter knife in there and lightly wedged it under the cd and slid it out. Be really fuckin careful, though... it seemed to me at the time it would be pretty easy to mess up and possibly do a good deal of damage to the HU.

I also have no idea how the Saab HU works, some factory installed ones I have seen actually drop the CD down a half inch or so into the HU in which case... I have no idea what to tell you.

Last edited by Aero02; 05-05-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to guru
Is it doing anything when she hits "eject"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
Elder

nope. nada
Old 05-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #7
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to soggy
I'd start by removing it from the dash myself. Does the WIS say anything about the actual units construction? Or just how to add / remove one? I don't have the WIS for any 9-5s.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
Elder

i figure on the removal just use my tool that i use in my NG and i assume that it has a manual release that most cars do. being out of warranty (just barely) i may take apart the radio if needed. worst case is bring to the dealer which would happen anyway if i couldn't fix it.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
Avid TSL User

I'm guessing you weren't able to find a small hole next to it that lets you jam something in to manually eject? I think my car has one but I'm not sure.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
Elder

haven't looked at it yet. hoping that exists as it will make things super easy.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
Elder

Oh - this has happened to customer's before. It's all about patients however. Remove the radio from the car - and slowly start to disassembly the radio pretty much. Once you have a clear shot at the CD's you just pull them out. Easiest/safest way. I tend to do this at the dealership and charge like 2 hours. Should take a little over an hour if you've never done it before.
for your repair needs
Old 05-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
Elder

thank you burns. that is exactly what i needed.

how does it happen? so i know who to blame (mother father or dealer) i am thinking the check up reset something and somehow the radio let another cd in and then became jammed?

oh yeah and are the CDs okay if removed carefully?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in