Oh no - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
TSLMember

Unhappy Oh no

So i woke up this morning and decided to go for a drive. Upon arival home i could spy with my little eye

and im not talking about the quarter.
Its coming off the cat. I had gotten my oil changed about two weeks ago. could it be drain plug?
sorry about the photo size
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
check to make sure the oil filter is tight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^CLICK ME^
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
Check down through the intake manifold. On the back of the block is the oil pressure sending unit. Those tend to fail and leak oil all over the place. Especially right onto the cat. You can also check from under the car. Best way to spot one is when it is up on a lift as you get the best view of it. Basically just look and try and find out where it is coming from...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6

Old 04-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
Check down through the intake manifold. On the back of the block is the oil pressure sending unit. Those tend to fail and leak oil all over the place. Especially right onto the cat. You can also check from under the car. Best way to spot one is when it is up on a lift as you get the best view of it. Basically just look and try and find out where it is coming from...
What Nick said^^^, could be caused by high crank case pressure are you on PVC #6, was it overfilled at last oil change. Also cold have been bad pur of the oil but it was 2 weeks so prolly not

And trans output seals...

They can throw oil up on the engine and it runs down there
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
TSLMember

this is what i got
Old 04-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
JK
Elder

When I had the oil on the cat problem it was because of the oil pressure sensor leaking.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
Elder

yeah what STX said sounds like what your problem is.

^CLICK ME^
Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #8
TSLMember

Quote:
Is this an expensive fix?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
Is this an expensive fix?
Do you DIY?

^CLICK ME^
Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
had the same problem with mine, oil pressure switch fixed it. the part us under $5.00, installing it is a pain. I would imagine a dealer would charge around $100 for the job.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
I think the part is actually $18. Its a very simple fix, just unscrew the old one and put the new in place. The only tricky part is figuring out how to get a wrench on it, and getting your hands to it.

Edit: Just checked eeuro and BAM! $18.
http://eeuroparts.com/productdetail....s=1&code=10642
Guess I have a good memory for parts and the likes.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to chriscam84 Send a message via Skype™ to chriscam84
Sucks to see fluid under your car, doesn't it.

Hey, so I just realized we live in the same place and drive the same car (well, different color).

Race ya

2002 9-5 Aero JZW 5+
1999 9-3 Turbo
1995 900SE Turbo Convertible Nordic Stg II
1995 900S Convertible
Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post

this is what i got
Hey does oil drip up???

There is a lot up around the exhaqust tunnel there. On my car the only time I got that was when the trans was leaking and getting oil on the drive shafts which threw it up thataway( but then again I guess it could be getting on the shafts from the sender as well)
Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Quote:
I think the part is actually $18. Its a very simple fix, just unscrew the old one and put the new in place. The only tricky part is figuring out how to get a wrench on it, and getting your hands to it.

Edit: Just checked eeuro and BAM! $18.
http://eeuroparts.com/productdetail....s=1&code=10642
Guess I have a good memory for parts and the likes.
yeah, it's the C-900 ones that are sub $5.00. the 9-5 ones have a fancy connectors on them rather than a single pin terminal.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #15
Elder

Send a message via MSN to liketheword Send a message via Yahoo to liketheword
I had this issue on my 9-3. It was due to the oil filter not being tight enough. Sinched her-up and wiped everything down. It's all right as rain. It sounds like your issue is intake manifold as suggested. If oil is coming from there at speed w/ the turbulance of everything that could explain the oil in other places.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:18 PM   #16
JK
Elder

On our 9-3 the presure sensor was simply not tight. There was oil everywhere, on the drive shafts, in the exhaust tunnel, everywhere.

So no, oil won't drip up, but it will fling up and get blown up.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #17
TSLMember

Im not sure what its malfunction is but its going to the shop. Just hit 80,000 on it and i think it needs new bushings so it couldnt hurt to take it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in