9-5 rear control arm bushings - too much negative camber - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
9-5 rear control arm bushings - too much negative camber

My the 9-5 keeps cupping rear tires. On the alignment rack, we can see it has about 3 degrees of negative camber in the back. You can actually see this visually when looking at the front Vs the back wheels. I understand this is a common issue with rear suspension bushings, but which ones? Anyone have any info on how to change them & what busings are causing the problem?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
Mine was about 3 degrees out of whack after I lowered it with the konis/h&r's.
A couple of those shims that Nick T sells and it was back in business.

I do know that the lower bushings on my car are shot and have about 2-3mm of play in them, but like you, I am not sure exactly what the part number is for them, even after browsing the EPC, WIS and eeuro. I WILL figure out which ones they are, as I am convinced that is where the slop in the suspension stems from. About 5 months ago, things started to get a little sloppy and I do feel that this is where it comes from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/2007..._Arm_Bushings/

i believe this is dip's website. my props to him. I'm not sure if there are any other bushings in the rear. I haven't seen my 9-5 in a long time.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
Excellent, I will have a go at that next weekend.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
There are also 2 of these: http://eeuroparts.com/productdetail....ts=1&code=6813
on each side. One on the top link, and one on the bottom (out by the hub assembly). On my car, the lower ones on each side are pretty shot and make for a fair amount of play. I ordered two of those bushings for the bottoms and might be able to try and get them in this weekend, so we will see. I think it should really tighten up the rear end in the 9-5.

So, I do know that when the bottom ones fail they allow the wheel to change camber and cause cupping, as that is what has happened to me in the past. Now I know the problem and am sorting it out. Also, if it has been dropped from LPT springs, they seem to end up massively out of whack. That problem has been fixed by the rear hub shims from GS though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 03-20-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Elder

one thing to keep in mind is that even if they are within spec, the rears will still cup if not rotated frequently. If nothing is loose in the rear put the shims in like Stx said. We do it on our personal cars all the time. They will handle alot better in the slippery stuff and it doesn't get too squirlly untill you get over 100mph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in