Driver's window regulator - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Driver's window regulator

A family friend has an '01 9-5 SE Wagon, 3.0 Turbo. His driver's window won't go down anymore and I am fairly confident it is the regulator. A few questions:

Is the regulator assembly available without the motor? Or do you have to install a new regulator and motor at the same time?

How hard is it to remove the regulator? I've done a bunch on other makes of cars, but never a Saab. Hopefully they didn't get any ideas from GM...

What would the regulator be listed under on eeuro? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your input.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2007, 11:01 AM   #2

Actually i bet its the rollers the regualator arms sit on the window. Its fairly common to see those fail before a reg in a 9-5. I dont know the part nuber off the top of my head i know it starts with a 4. But i would taer down the door panle only takes like five minutes if that and inspect what it looks like, but im almost guarntee that it is a the little green rollers inside the rail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Elder

I have the WIS if you want me to look it up.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:20 PM   #4

Little green rollers...hmm maybe I'll tear it apart tonight if the car is there. Dan, if you feel like looking it up, go for it. Email it to kalvin r 11 at gmail dot com. It's not terribly urgent, and if I get it apart tonight I'll have a better idea of what's going on.

Also, with these rollers - are they replaceable separate from the regulator assembly? From what you describe it sounds like they are. He would be thrilled if it's not going to cost a lot in parts.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:24 PM   #5

yeah they are seperate from the regulator. They snap in pretty hard but they can be seperated.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
srp
Elder

Send a message via AIM to srp
If it's anything like a 900/9-3 reg then there is really nothing on the regulator that can fail. Just like SPG-GASM said, it's probably the rollers. They are the only weak link in the assembly. Everything else is aluminum or steel.

I just put a new door on my Talladega last night. Window would not go up all the way. Stalled half way up. Was just about to start taking the regulator out when I noticed the window had shifted off the track slightly... All it took was 5 minutes to pop the reg loose from those two green rollers (by removing the retaining clips) and tilt the window to get it back in the channel.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM   #7

I didn't get to take it apart tonight, but Dan sent me some directions. If I get to do it this week I'll definitely be looking at those green rollers. It sounds like they are the only things that will break. The car only has around 115k on it, so I doubt the regulator would go now anyway.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #8

The problem turned out to be both the green rollers and the regulator. The green rollers crapped out, and it ended up bending one of the regulator arms. He brought it to the shop and we replaced the whole thing with a new unit from Saab. Thanks to Dan for the schematics he sent my way.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #9
Elder

No problem!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvinr11 View Post
The problem turned out to be both the green rollers and the regulator. The green rollers crapped out, and it ended up bending one of the regulator arms. He brought it to the shop and we replaced the whole thing with a new unit from Saab. Thanks to Dan for the schematics he sent my way.
Just bend em straight with a pair of pliers. Did that to my neighbors and it works great
Old 11-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #11

We thought about doing that, but decided we didn't want to take the door apart again for a warranty repair when something got messed up. I was going to take it home with me, but it went into the metal heap too quickly and was whisked away...Oh well, I'm sure there will be more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in