rattling windows - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #1
Trollerator
Elder

rattling windows

what would be possible casues for the front windows to rattle when partially open?

I am hoping it's a DIY fix for a cool fall weekend maybe some worn out rubber parts or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
no idea. mine do this too. it is most prominent when closing the doors with the windows half down. horrible noise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:10 PM   #3
Trollerator
Elder

I found a thread on SC, I don't know what they are talking about until I rip the doors apart though... no pics.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70326

I need to make sure I have some double-sided tape before I start this one.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan

Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Thats exactly it just remove your door panels and theres a strip of rubber that runs along the backside of the frame for the window. YOu can use tape or some type of adhesive to keep them up there.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Redfoxx
mine raddle when they are partially open as well

Old 08-21-2007, 05:36 AM   #6
SAAB Road Master

Send a message via AIM to Cambiocorsa Send a message via MSN to Cambiocorsa
Hmmm....not sure about the rattle, but when I am rolling up or down the front driver's side window there is a loud squeak, need to fix that. No idea what to do.

1999 Saab 9-5 SE Sedan
JakStoll Stage 3+
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Z Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen Z
window

Supposedly there are rubber bushings at the bottom of the window where it attaches to the arm eEuroparts has them I have to do mine
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #8
Elder

cambio, spray some silicone spray in the rear side of the window, right in that little slip that the window sits in. i sprayed mine a few weeks ago, and the problem with some squeaking/shuddering while the window goes down has been 100% eliminated so far!

now i just need to figure out whats going on with the rattling when the window is half open like this whole thread is about, and then i will have all the window situations solved!

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 08-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #9
Trollerator
Elder

read that thread on SC, sounds like some rubber thing falls out of place, you gotta take the whole damn door apart to get it, and apparently it's in a spot you really can't reach or see

I have a few car projects higher on the list so that one might have to wait a bit... if you do it, please take pics, I love them tutorials.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 08-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #10

its pretty simple like i metioned above you just have to remove your door panel and then put the rubber strip back into place. IT will be laying on the bottom side of the door. Its not that hard to do and you can see it fairly easily. Takes at most 15 mins a door.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Tikka
Hmm, I thought I was the only person with this problem...

Quote:
Which is fine. Because another guy got hit by a deer. Yes, a deer ran into a man.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #12
Elder

yeah tikka, me too.

and i have had my doors apart more times than you guys probably turn on your radios. never have i seen anything resting on the bottom of the doors!

oh well, i will take them apart sometime and look

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 08-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #13
Elder

Send a message via AIM to DeLorean
haha, amazing, a "typical 9-5 thing" my 9-5 does not have! I have to say, no window rattle here.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #14
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
haha, amazing, a "typical 9-5 thing" my 9-5 does not have! I have to say, no window rattle here.
Doh.. just jinxed yourself
Old 08-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #15
SAAB Road Master

Fixed my wife's old 99 9-5 when she had that problem. Be careful removing the plastic trim the goes around the window frame. It cracks easily. Any tape will do to hold the lining in place for reassembly. The sticky goo used from the factory will probably still hold it fine. The problem with hers was the rubber guide falling out and a bad green roller. I would highly suggest replacing both rollers and liberally greasing them if you are in there. They are bound to fail, and removing the door panels is not something you want to do a lot, or you will get new squeaks and noises from them.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
Elder

Send a message via AIM to AeroDynamic
mine did that in my 9000 too... so i just got rid of them.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Z Send a message via Yahoo to Stephen Z
So it is the roller/bushing ? There green ? I just ordered them(2) from eEuro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in