Sqeaks and Fog lights - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to chriscam84 Send a message via Skype™ to chriscam84
Sqeaks and Fog lights

Hey, lately I've been noticing two things.
A. The fog lights do not work (checked the fuse at both locations, side of the dash and under the hood). I haven't checked to see if they've burnt out, but I replaced both bulbs less than a month ago... could it be a relay?

B. The car sqeaks when I take off from a dead stop, it almost seems like its directly related to the motion of the clutch... but I've noticed it happening at low speeds on a bumpy road, so it could be the suspension. Any ideas? should I start spraying grease on shit under there?

The car is under a 60-day used car warranty (per the Mass laws), should I try and get it back to the dealership? (no easy feat as I live in Maine).

Thanks,
-Chris
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #2
Elder

1) Fogs, are you sure the main light switch isnt in the off postition? This will make the fogs not work even though your DRLs are on.... at least on my moms 00 9-5

good luck Chris!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 PM   #3

I'm not that inept

Thanks for the advice though nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurbo900 View Post
1) Fogs, are you sure the main light switch isnt in the off postition? This will make the fogs not work even though your DRLs are on.... at least on my moms 00 9-5

good luck Chris!

Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #4
Trollerator
Elder

I was going to ask if you checked the relay but sounds like you have that covered

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 900 turbo vert
2004 9-5 aero sedan
Old 05-02-2007, 12:57 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
one of your fogs was on coming back from SIS.

i was meaning to pm you telling you that one of them was out.

check the wiring that comes off of them. they like to be tempermental. i eventually just resoldered mine where they were split and they work great now. (some electrical tape over the solder and you are good to go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 05-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #6

I'm also now second guessing the bulbs themselves. I bought a cheapo set of "ultra blue" fogs at NAPA, the kind with the fake painted blue bulbs. I bought the most blue bulbs I could find to try and match the HID Xenon bulbs that my car has. I've had cheapo blue headlight bulbs fail after a couple of months before, so this isn't out of the question.
I'm thinking maybe I'll go try a set of SilverStar fogs, or maybe try and find a set of those really amber bulbs, might look cool with my HIDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StX221 View Post
one of your fogs was on coming back from SIS.

i was meaning to pm you telling you that one of them was out.

check the wiring that comes off of them. they like to be tempermental. i eventually just resoldered mine where they were split and they work great now. (some electrical tape over the solder and you are good to go.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
Hit the relay i have a bad headlight relay on my ng that only allows one high to go on. Make sure u didn't touch the glass on the bulb that will cause them to fail.

^CLICK ME^
Old 05-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewz airflow se View Post
Make sure u didn't touch the glass on the bulb that will cause them to fail.
First it was making sure I had the headlight switch on, now its not touching the glass... C'mon guys, I'm not a complete n00b :P

I really appreciate all the input though, I'm gonna check the bulbs tonight to see if they're not just burnt out.

Anyone have any ideas on my squeaks?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #9

Squeeks could be loose suspension bolts, worn bushings.. and a host of other things. Where does the sound come from? The only thing that could be really bad(that I can think of right now) that might squeek would be if the rear shocks were blown. They are known to go out around 50-60k IIRC.

What year and model is it?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #10
Elder

Send a message via AIM to drewz airflow se
'02 9-5 aero 5spd

^CLICK ME^
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 PM   #11

'02 9-5 Aero 5spd, 67k.
The squeak is coming from the front, no rear shock issues... and after listening to it today, it happens on all gear changes (hadn't ever really listened for it that closely). When I bounce the car myself (putting my weight on the front/back) I don't hear anything and the shocks seem nice and tight, like an Aero should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero02 View Post
Squeeks could be loose suspension bolts, worn
bushings.. and a host of other things. Where does the sound come from? The only thing that could be really bad(that I can think of right now) that might squeek would be if the rear shocks were blown. They are known to go out around 50-60k IIRC.

What year and model is it?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #12

Not doubting your intelligence Chris, but is the squeak the clutch pedal? Mine squeaks like crazy, especially during the winter months. Besides that, if it's related to gear changes, you might want to check the engine and trans mounts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in