Gearbox - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Gearbox

Hi everybody!
Recently i bought LSD and in order to fit it i've been advised that revision of whole gearbox is recommended.In general it is problem free,but occasionally it is difficult to disengage 5 gear.
So may be it is for repair.Can you tell me please what parts will i need-it takes long time to buy parts from dealer here and internet shoping is much faster.
It is not a option to disasemble first and than to order,so i prefer to be prepared in advance.
I know that there are gears and synchromeches,but is it possible to name the exact parts from which each gear is composed.
The car is 9-5 manual MY 1999 with last VIN XX3085171.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 04:04 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to bozs13 Send a message via MSN to bozs13 Send a message via Skype™ to bozs13
Welcome to TSL! Just wait for the mechanics to wake up, then you'll get answers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

all I know is that 5th on my aero's first box went and grenaded on me on the highway, like a "bang" followed by the sounds of whatever was left of it rattling around the case.

so I'd replace every syncro and get the newest, most beefed up internals that you can get, especially since the LSD will mean that your box will be seeing increased loads compared to what the stock boxes see.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

There was a tranny update at some point, I think 03-04? Don't know the details, but I would install whatever parts were involved in this update as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to StX221
x2 on what these guys said. i have never had a box get rebuilt, but i have put in 3 used ones. from what i hear, the update parts, and a rebuild are good ways to go. mtf0063 as well.

you should try aligning the shift linkage as well, it might just be a tad bit out, thus causing some issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'02 9-5 Aero
'05 Yamaha R6
Old 03-03-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
SAABeginner

Thank for replyes guys,i've checked the linkage and it is ok,may be will look for whole new gearbox from new&crashed car.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #7
Avid TSL User

and my SECOND gearbox went today, 5th failed and the parts that were kicking around inside the box took out the rest of the dogs and selector forks and the transmission siezed up and died.

it's under warranty, but I'm going to demand an 04 or newer box as the replacement
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in