9-5 my02 2.0T stage3 missfiring on boost - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
SAABeginner

9-5 my02 2.0T stage3 missfiring on boost

Hello everybody

Wanted to come here to ask for help since im strugling to figure out whats the problem with my saab..

So, the problems began after going from stage 2 to stage 3 (870cc injectors and 3" superflow dp + catback).

Tuner increased the mreq to 1350 and we also changed new stock fuel pump.
Under WOT the car often throws missfire (1-5 usually) and drops the mreq down to 1200-1250.
AFR values were fine on the dyno when we did pulls on 4th and 5th gear (went from 14.7 all the way down to 12afr), the car made around 25whp and 100wtq less than what the tune should get (since mreq didnt go all the way up where it should because of the missfires).

Havent had any error codes except for one which said there was a problem with keeping the boost where it should, but even if there was a problem with the magnetic valve that wouldnt explain the missfiring.

Car boost to 1.3bar which is bit less than what it should go for.

Missfires occur:
WOT pulls
Releasing throttle when on boost
When TCS kicks in

Changed this far:
-Fuel pump
-MAF
-Plugs to bcpes7 -11
-DI casette was also changed some 20-30tkm ago.
-Most vacuum lines and O-rings.

Any ideas?

current spec:
Aero intake tube
Aero mitsubishi td04-15t turbo
JT 3" superflow dp + catback
bosch ev14 870cc injectors
NEW stock walbro fuel pump
all else is stock/original
Car made 207whp and 300wtq running e85 on 1200-1250mreq when a same spec car (althought 2.3l with also upgraded ic do88.se and 275lph henko fuel pump) made 241whp and 480 engine tq (peaked 520nm) on 98 octane. So obviously mine is missing some power..

Last edited by joopajoo111; 10-28-2017 at 06:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
Drew In Houston
Elder

The number one reason that I've seen for mass requests being lowered is knock. I woudln't worry too much about misfires during lift-throttle situations.

Which "tuner" advised you to run 870cc injectors with a stock TD04-15T? A well running bone stock B205R on 93 octane through a manual transmission can do 207 whp on a Dynojet.

Last edited by Trionic3000; 10-29-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #3
SAABeginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trionic3000 View Post
The number one reason that I've seen for mass requests being lowered is knock. I woudln't worry too much about misfires during lift-throttle situations.

Which "tuner" advised you to run 870cc injectors with a stock TD04-15T? A well running bone stock B205R on 93 octane through a manual transmission can do 207 whp on a Dynojet.
Im not running 93 octane, im running ethanol which is why i need big injectors.
And the only reason i bought them because the guy tuning said he has tuning packs ready for 870cc.. The only thing he forgot to mention it was for siemens deka and not bosch ev14 and he asked for extra for doing more tuning..

Anyways, ive only seen missfires, havent really checked for knock, dunno if e85 even knocks at all. So is it the DI which is giving faulty information?

Old 10-30-2017, 12:44 AM   #4
SAABeginner

Checked knocks and there were 0. Cyl 2 and 4 were having lots of missfires while 1 and 3 not so much. Car is boosting 1.3bar which seems a bit excessive.

Also mair doesnt reach mreq, maf was changed 3months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in