Dual-zone ACC only works on passenger side. - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 07:40 AM   #1
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Send a message via AIM to DanF.
Dual-zone ACC only works on passenger side.

2004 Saab 9-5 Aero with dual-zone ACC.

My A/C only works on the passenger side. Driver's side receives outside vent air (ECON). I've cycled the ACC reset (holding OFF and AUTO) and there are no codes... only the number 0 as the ACC cycles through its operations for +/- 30 seconds.

What are my next options?
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #2
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Pull the kick panel down and start looking at the temperature blend door first. Its probably not ECON air, its probably just warmer air.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-27-2016, 07:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabeh View Post
Pull the kick panel down and start looking at the temperature blend door first. Its probably not ECON air, its probably just warmer air.
Is the kick panel on the driver's or passenger's side?
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold

Old 06-27-2016, 07:35 AM   #4
Wagon Shaggin'
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF. View Post
Is the kick panel on the driver's or passenger's side?
Drivers side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
The only reason it took all day to install was because we couldn't keep our dicks out of each others mouths.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #5

Thanks.
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Old 06-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Elder

It's probably just the blend door arm is broken - SaabSite and eEuro both have aluminum replacement ones, and there are a few good PDF's I've seen with photos of the actuators and stuff.

Much less common is the servo itself fails, but if you get the access panels open and do the AUTO+OFF calibration on the ACC you will be able to see the servos moving through their range of travel.

SAAB Blend Door Repair Kit - Driver Side - eEuro BDKIT - Free Shipping Available

http://www.thesaabsite.com/faqfiles/...PDF.1287.1.pdf

Quote:
You still don't understand. This is like trying to explain calculus to a clam.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #7

Dual-zone ACC is gay. So are buttons. And, anything electronically controlled.

On the driver's side, how do I get the cover off to access the arm (marked "L" in the .pdf)?

I just got back in from pulling the kick panel down (three T20 screws) and tried resetting the ACC again via pressing OFF+AUTO.

I also tried to turn up the heat, but there is no hot air at all. Engine is up to temp, but it just keeps blowing cold (AC) air on the passenger side, ambient air from the driver's side vents, regardless of either temperature setting (driver at LO thru HI, and passenger at LO thru HI, on any temp.).

There is also no variation in the temperature change on the A/C... only one cold/dry air temp.

It's raining now, so I'm not fucking with that mess anymore. My back is tight and sore from my first ever time at a golf course (played 18 holes... sucked at it all), and I can't twist around anymore to reach up and in that tiny space before I have the urge to punch an immigrant baby.

I can deal with engine/exhaust/suspension DIY stuff, but I fucking hate interior electric voodoo. I've been having the urge to sell this car for a while now, except it gets good MPGs, and the interior is still in awesome(ish) shape.

PS: Thanks for the .pdf Drew, the more pics. I can refer to the better my brain can visualize the situation. I've been reading about babies so much in the last week I can't process words any more.
1987 900T parts car
1987 900 SPG parts car
1991 900T sold
1997 9000 Aero sold
2004 9-5 Aero sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in