Stage 3 brew city boost fuel cut - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-5 '98-'09 Forum > Car Problems? 9-5 Only

Car Problems? 9-5 Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-5, post your question in here. CEL Code or GTFO!

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #1
SAABeginner

Stage 3 brew city boost fuel cut

So I have had a stage 3 bcb tune in my 2005 Saab 95 aero and I have been trying to track down a problem I have had for a while a lot of the time during hard acceleration it will hit a fuel cut, or at least that is what I think it is. The needle on the boost gauge will go to the end of the red then 8 times out of 10 it will make a loud backfire type noise and loose all of the boost, I don't know how to go about fixing this problem I have seen others with the same issues but I have been able to find a solution. I don't know if I should go with a different tune or what, any input is appreciated the car has all the supporting mods 3.5fpr, intake 3in downpipe, silicone vacuum lines, forge dv, and ngk plugs gapped to 1.0mm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I've had 2 "RaceCats" @ a few T7 cats clog up & drive me crazy until I figured it out, If it Missfires under full boost @ high RPM's start looking closely at the ceramic inside.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-02-2015, 11:54 AM   #3
Elder

It's kind of guess work without a little more info. If you have open SID take a look if the misfire counts go up. Cooler weather gives a denser charge, your spark may be getting blown out or it could be leaning out because it's now running in a different area of the fuel calibrations, or the opposite and too rich. You could try a tighter gap, like 0.8, I've ran as small as 0.6mm and see what that does. Do you have a wide band AFR signal? Or...it could be the cat like Harvey wrote, or it could be ??

Old 11-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
SAABeginner

I just figured out how to enable an open sid and after doing a 3rd gear pull my missfire count went up I'm not entirely how to tell what everything means or what numbers i should be seeing as I just figured out how to enable it this evening is there anything specific I should be looking for?
Old 11-02-2015, 06:23 PM   #5
Elder

Misfires went up while under load--in the area where you noticed the issue before? Or after you lifted the throttle? It's normal for it to count some mifi's during lift throttle. How old are your spark plugs? It's free to pull them and close the gap a little to see if that makes a difference.

You might consider installing a wide band O2 sensor, that would really help narrow things down. Maybe your fuel pump is slowly failing and it's becoming progressively worse and unable to meet full demand and maintain fuel pressure under load causing a lean condition and that's why it's bucking around--I've had that happen where a pump works fine under low loads, but then progressively failed over time. Hooking a fuel pressure gauge and taping it to the windshield and then driving around is one way to get a general idea if something like that's going on.

You'd have to spend some time researching what each code represents, it's actually pretty cool and a lot of people have put in a lot of hard work to make it available.

Last edited by Drew in Houston; 11-02-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:18 AM   #6
SAABeginner

Yes misfires went up when I recreated the problem, I will take out my spark plugs tonight and do a tighter gap I will let you know if the problems still there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in