if you need a hand, holla... - The Saab Link Forums

Go Back   The Saab Link Forums > Saab 9-2X Forum > Car Problems? 9-2X Only

Car Problems? 9-2X Only If you're experiencing problems with your 9-2X post your questions in here.

SaabLink.net is the premier Saab Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
Avid TSL User

if you need a hand, holla...

I doubt I'll be cruising the 9-2X forums often seeing as I'm driving a 9-3 vert... even so I might be able to offer some assistance, or at the very least, tell you where to go seeing as I've been the proud owner of a lightly modded Subaru WRX for over 3 years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
alright, well my mom has a the outback, same chassis as WRX

One of my really good freinds has a rex that just got a tree in its roof(totalled) and he isnt really an internet kinda guy(to much time with sports and school and stuff) so he doesnt know that he could sell his aftermarket stuff on forums or on ebay. Anyway-I'm gonna buy it all for really cheap.

this is what will be installed on my moms car.

Cobb sway bar kit, my question is:what setting should i put it on? there are like three holes for the hardware to go through.

SPT axleback, my question is: will this allow too much backpressure for the 2.5 motor? or since its an axleback it wont even matter.

and lastly, STi shift knob. Cant use it, cause she has an auto. where should i sell it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpenning623 View Post
alright, well my mom has a the outback, same chassis as WRX

One of my really good freinds has a rex that just got a tree in its roof(totalled) and he isnt really an internet kinda guy(to much time with sports and school and stuff) so he doesnt know that he could sell his aftermarket stuff on forums or on ebay. Anyway-I'm gonna buy it all for really cheap.

this is what will be installed on my moms car.

Cobb sway bar kit, my question is:what setting should i put it on? there are like three holes for the hardware to go through.

SPT axleback, my question is: will this allow too much backpressure for the 2.5 motor? or since its an axleback it wont even matter.

and lastly, STi shift knob. Cant use it, cause she has an auto. where should i sell it?
sway bar... front or rear?

SPT axleback... you should be fine with this... but don't expect any power benefits in any exhaust without fuel management software.

the STi knob... the piston one, I assume? sign up on NASIOC.com (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club)... I had great luck with their classified section while parting out my car. you should be able to get a decent chunck for it, considering how much they go for new.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Cpenning623
front and rear, i think. Rear for sure though.

yea i wasnt expecting power, I just love the boxer sound, its by far the best grumble of everyday cars

yea, its that one.

Im paying 100 for all this stuff. so i figured whatever
Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Elder

Send a message via AIM to CooperS7777
Just out of curiosity - maybe you know boner, but what does a Cobb Stage 2 and Stage 3 WRX put out for power?

I have a buddy up here at school which is tuned either stage 2 or stage 3, I forget and am just curious.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SQR Performance, Saab Repair & Service

Quote:
Fuck the afterlife, its Miller time.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
Avid TSL User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post
Just out of curiosity - maybe you know boner, but what does a Cobb Stage 2 and Stage 3 WRX put out for power?

I have a buddy up here at school which is tuned either stage 2 or stage 3, I forget and am just curious.
as I recall, Cobb lists their stage two at 285 hp (at the crank)... of course this was on the old 2.0 liter 4 with a stock 225 hp. I was running with their AccessPort, a JDM STi uppipe and turbo back (deleting 2 of the 3 cats) and I was VERY happy with the power. gas mileage, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpenning623 View Post
front and rear, i think. Rear for sure though.

yea i wasnt expecting power, I just love the boxer sound, its by far the best grumble of everyday cars

yea, its that one.

Im paying 100 for all this stuff. so i figured whatever
well, if the shift knob is near perfect, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to pull down $75 - $100 for that... do a search in the NASIOC classifieds, and see what others were going for.

the sway bars aren't too difficult, but you really need to get under the car. the front can be accessed when you remove the plastic skid plate... after that, it's pretty self explanitory. make sure you use the least extreme setting on the rear, unless you want to bend your endlinks.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via AIM to NahumCC Send a message via MSN to NahumCC Send a message via Yahoo to NahumCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperS7777 View Post

My Fraternity advisor has a sti wrx with the cobb stage 2 and it ate my 9k for breakfast, no contest at all from roll or stop. Granted I've got a bone stock 97 9k auto but still, that thing was damn fast and could smoke all four tires from a start.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #8
Elder

Send a message via AIM to Saaboy Send a message via MSN to Saaboy
i'm sorry to hear you have an auto. I wish you the best...
Old 05-25-2007, 06:08 AM   #9
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaboy View Post
i'm sorry to hear you have an auto. I wish you the best...
The auto in my 9-2X was wonderful.

At the very least, it inspired me to learn to drive manual.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Saab Link Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Info.
Enter your vehicle information (year, model, mods)
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in