The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Power steering bypass
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
SOAB
Flirting With TSL Addiction

Power steering bypass

Hey guys! My car (2002 9-5 linear wagon) #13 hose pictured below has rubbed against my axle and rubbed a hole in it that literally pours all my ps fluid out.. I do not have a replacement hose at the time and this is currently my only car. it looses enough fluid to make pretty bad whining from the rack. If there is any way I can block it off and just make it manual power steering temporarily until I can get a replacement part I think that is my only option currently.

Also can I take this part off to see the extent of the damage or is this a high pressure line?

Thanks!
Alex

EDIT: Ok ignore the bypass question, I found the leak is way easier to get to through the wheel well and should be repairable, the question is will a compression fitting joint hold up? I have heard and been told by multiple people that the line from the pump to the rack can be upwards of 3-400 psi..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
until something like this is available for saabs, there will be no slammage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SOAB; 04-19-2013 at 07:01 AM.
SOAB is offline   Reply With Quote