Saab Link Forums banner

Site Changes

4K views 58 replies 23 participants last post by  codesplice 
#1 ·
Well as you posted in the site changes about the green dots thing (or green squares)

I think that we should NOT have those... for one they look cheesy and posting shouldnt be made into a popularity contest. It already caused a problem in the new member thread because someone rated him down and he got mad. Its DUMB and should be taken off ASAP in my opinion. One more thing to lose members over.

who Agrees / disagrees?

#3 ·
I dont really have much of an opinion on it just more of an observation. It seems that more and more forum sites are using the rep systems. If you look at allot of Indian and Asian forums they will not even reply to your post unless you have a good rep and rep them back. Differences in cultures I suppose.... either way makes no difference to me.

#5 ·
me too i wouldnt ever rate a post...

Its just totally out of place on a saab forum. Saab people are a completely different crowd and one of the only crowds i could think of that doesnt involve a popularity contest at all. Saab people dont ever need to look cool to each other. I could roll up in a rust bucket 99 that is missing a door and you guys would respect me just as much as if i came up in my aero. :)

#8 ·
I agree, that it is useless, I am not going to sit here and rate posts, I am just going to read them

#9 ·
Wow, now that I see I moved up to 2 little sqares I think I like it...

Just KIDDING...yea, I would feel very unwelcome if I was new to a forum and everyone had "god status" because of their popularity and probably would never come back if no one replied to my posts because I didnt have as many little squares as they do.

#10 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:

New members can know who to buy parts from, who to take seriosly yada yada, but if we abuse it it becomes a joke.
tweek no offence but thats the dumbest thing i ever heard of. If someone had a low rating for posting up usless jokes or something that someone didnt like thats no reason for people not to buy parts from them. Its not like its a ebay buyer/seller feedback. It to me has nothing to do with what you just said.

#11 ·
AeroDynamic said:
me too i wouldnt ever rate a post...

Its just totally out of place on a saab forum. Saab people are a completely different crowd and one of the only crowds i could think of that doesnt involve a popularity contest at all. Saab people dont ever need to look cool to each other. I could roll up in a rust bucket 99 that is missing a door and you guys would respect me just as much as if i came up in my aero. :)
Thats not always true... there are definatly clicks in the SAAb community. Look at posts and who submits what and see how quickly some get answered over others that go weeks with no answer. Not saying that is the particular case on this board but it does happen in work, online communities,school..... etc.... It's human nature I suppose.

#12 ·
I kinda agree. I was just testing it out to see how everyone would handle it. So far you all have FAILED.. miserably, lol.

I'll see who else chimes in on this and what the combined census is before I remove it.

#13 ·
CooperS7777 said:
yea, I would feel very unwelcome if I was new to a forum and everyone had "god status" because of their popularity and probably would never come back if no one replied to my posts because I didnt have as many little squares as they do.
totally agree. I already feel unwelcomed from only having 1 square :-(

jk but you know what i mean... and people get butt hurt when they get rated down. No ones going to stick around if they have a lower rating then average. Why would you want to? That would be like following around the "cool kids" in high school even though they call you names :!:

#14 ·
Tweek's Turbos said:

New members can know who to buy parts from, who to take seriosly yada yada, but if we abuse it it becomes a joke.​
If your serious about a "feedback" system - then make a thread for it, we can all put up posts up for our own feedback and other members who have bought, sold and or traded with us can respond to our feedback.

#50 ·
Allright, let me explain how it works in the paintball world (Ive heard it all before so save the smart comments :D I play for a sponsored college team - at competition level so none of this sneaking through the woods BS.)

Ill use Kaylan and myself just as an example.

Im browsing TSL and see that Kaylan has some wheels for sale that I want. I check her feedback and she has 3-4 positive transactions amongst fellow TSL users, and I only have 2, because of her "feedback status" generally, I would be shipping first in a trade - cash always ships first.

After the trade, I leave feedback for Kaylan telling everyone else that the wheels I traded for were awesome, shipped quick blah blah blah and she does the same for me.

This developes reputations for those of us who take advantage of the deals that often occur on such places as TSL.

Feedback rules:
Feedback, good bad or ugly can only be left once per transaction, and only by those who have had transactions with said user
Feedback fraud - not allowed, gets your feedback turned sour by a mod.
Feedback for dealers (IE GS, GG and whoever else may pop up over time) can be left only if a user representing that dealer (Nick T, Dan) has set up such a feedback thread - and again feedback is only left once per transaction.
Asides posting feedback from a trade or sale, the feedback threads are for viewing only, its on the site useres shoulders to keep it this way, but it generally works pretty well - so no useless posts in the feedback section.

And again here is a link to some of my feedback elsewhere - you can get an idea of how it works by just looking through it quickly.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=17276523#post17276523
Did anything ever come out of this? I think a feedback system for people buying and selling some stuff is a good thing. For example I made a few deals with some members here and I'd like everyone to know that my experiences with them were good. In all honesty even though a person seems to be A1 in the forums, I'd be leary on doing business with them (money does funny things to people). A feedback system will make us more comfortable in our choices. Can a mod incorporate a system as CooperS7777 suggested?

#15 ·
Blaque_Out said:
I kinda agree. I was just testing it out to see how everyone would handle it. So far you all have FAILED.. miserably, lol.

I'll see who else chimes in on this and what the combined census is before I remove it.
haha we "FAILED" haha i guess were not smart enough to play with the green squares :roll:

thanks ced. :)

#16 · (Edited)
CooperS7777 said:
If your serious about a "feedback" system - then make a thread for it, we can all put up posts up for our own feedback and other members who have bought, sold and or traded with us can respond to our feedback.
We already have this. Aftermarket Parts and Services Review located in the Misc. Forums.

#19 ·
CooperS7777 said:
yeah like if someone sells parts a lot (or group buys) Abdukted for example... he could make a post called "Abdukted1456" in the "feedback" forum and anyone who was looking to buy from him could go into that section and read it. Only problem would be there would have to be a rule amung mods not to deleate any negative feedback unless they meet with the two partys involve and resolve the problem. Not a bad idea.

#20 ·
#21 ·
Blaque_Out said:
We already have this. Aftermarket Parts and Services Review located in the Misc. Forums.
i wouldnt have ever guessed to go into there to see someones feedback? I figured it would just be like about the "MP Downpipe" and stuff like that. Not feedback on TSL members... ?

#23 ·
I would say that in my opinion if you have a problem with a Vendor then you should be able to send it to the Mod's and the Mod's should maintain and approved or unapproved vendor list. This way it avoids the 20 page long threads about how bad a vendor is and keeps everyones personal opinions out of it. .....

Just my personal opinion.

#24 ·
stevehayes01 said:
I would say that in my opinion if you have a problem with a Vendor then you should be able to send it to the Mod's and the Mod's should maintain and approved or unapproved vendor list. This way it avoids the 20 page long threads about how bad a vendor is and keeps everyones personal opinions out of it. .....

Just my personal opinion.
good plan!

#25 · (Edited)
Allright, let me explain how it works in the paintball world (Ive heard it all before so save the smart comments :D I play for a sponsored college team - at competition level so none of this sneaking through the woods BS.)

Ill use Kaylan and myself just as an example.

Im browsing TSL and see that Kaylan has some wheels for sale that I want. I check her feedback and she has 3-4 positive transactions amongst fellow TSL users, and I only have 2, because of her "feedback status" generally, I would be shipping first in a trade - cash always ships first.

After the trade, I leave feedback for Kaylan telling everyone else that the wheels I traded for were awesome, shipped quick blah blah blah and she does the same for me.

This developes reputations for those of us who take advantage of the deals that often occur on such places as TSL.

Feedback rules:
Feedback, good bad or ugly can only be left once per transaction, and only by those who have had transactions with said user
Feedback fraud - not allowed, gets your feedback turned sour by a mod.
Feedback for dealers (IE GS, GG and whoever else may pop up over time) can be left only if a user representing that dealer (Nick T, Dan) has set up such a feedback thread - and again feedback is only left once per transaction.
Asides posting feedback from a trade or sale, the feedback threads are for viewing only, its on the site useres shoulders to keep it this way, but it generally works pretty well - so no useless posts in the feedback section.

And again here is a link to some of my feedback elsewhere - you can get an idea of how it works by just looking through it quickly.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=17276523#post17276523

#26 ·
ok we all failed...Give me a break. I have plently of things to do in my life and not enough time. I am not gonna sit here and waste time rating peoples posts. If someones post sucks, I'll probably just tell them. Most of us make good posts and contribute, but I dont want to have to go through a thread and start rating people up. IMO its pointless.

as far as feeling out of place and ignored. When I first joined I felt a bit out of place, there was people with hundreds and hundreds of posts, and everyone seemed to know eachother. But guess what, I stayed around, starting participating and going to events, and now I feel like a part of the gang, We all like being respected, We all like hearing are name mentioned by another person on the board, trying to answer a question someone else had.

for example.

Person A (newbie) says "I have such and such a problem"
Person B (person whos been around for a while) says "Oh Person C had that problem hopefully he or she will pipe up and say what they did to fix it"

we dont need a rating system for this, it just naturally happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.