Saab Link Forums banner

2000 9-5 meets 200K

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jssaab 
#1 ·
So my g/f's 2000 9-5 Aero has hit the 200K mark one month from it's 13th birthday (according to production date). She's the second owner and it has been fantastic since day one. Only major issue was a slugded block which was covered under policy over 4 years ago. Only minor annoyance issues since. What a testament to these cars! It's nice to know that I can put someone I love and care about in a safe and dependable vehicle. We have been brand loyal since 07' when we were first introduced to Saabs and would think of no better car to own! Seeing her hit this mark makes me think of all the great people we have met over the years and joy these cars have brought us. Thanks to all who have influenced, helped, and made us feel welcome over the years. Here's to another 200K!

if you have Facebook say hi and congratulate her!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Chipples

See less See more
#3 ·
Brilliant post. Love the Aero! If you are the reason for her getting it, well done my friend 8)
She actually fell in love with the 9-5 Aero when i started working for Saab back in 07'. Loved them ever since!

#6 ·
Mazeltov! You've had better luck than my son 8valvegrowl here who also has a 2000 9-5 Aero with over 200k... and being a Nuclear Physicist he knows how, and does, take fastidious care of it mechanically; uses only the right oil changes frequently etc, but it has had various chronic oil leaks, bad bearings, suspension, HVAC, and electronics issues etc. It never had a sludge issue though, as he knew how to avoid it. It's been a much more problematic car than their '99 9-3 with around 160k, which has been near bulletproof, even though that one is heavily Autocrossed! My other son's '99 9-3 has also been amazing, with over 213k and not babied - (he's 25!). Maybe you got a particularly good one, however from what we've heard about 9-5s my son's Aero is more typical, and 9-3s are much less problem prone in our experience. Continued good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.