The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Gone off the Deep End - New Car Content
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
gm
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

I thought those doors were standard back then? Except when ordered with a hardtop did they come with solid doors. I thought the next gen of the jeeps came with the solid doors?

I have a 97 wrangler and a 08 wrangler unlimited, I actually can't stand driving them. The 97 is a 4.0L but is a auto, has zero power and gets 12-15 mpg usually. I only drive it when there is snow and I need to push snow, have a 6.5ft snow plow and it does a good job at moving the white stuff. Prior to this I had a 87 wrangler manual and the auto is so much easier to use when moving snow.

My wife has the 08 unlimited. Has the 4.2L v6 which is a complete dog. The thing has no power but we do average 18mpg which is quite a bit better vs the older one. It also works great for hauling the kids around..... I was shocked last week, took her jeep for a spin due to not having snow tires on my viggen yet. I was completely shocked with how poor it did in the snow, I thought the Michelin tires (can't remember the model, possibly latitude) would of done much better. Wife told me she slips all the time in the rain as well..... Ugh.... We tow this behind our rv.

I would love to get a newer one with the 290 hp 6. Hopefully my 99 will last a. Few more years then I will get a used wrangler unlimited to push snow

Saabless for the first time since 1986
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gm is offline   Reply With Quote