The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - Bye, Bye heat soak.
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #22
bogan
Live, eat, and sleep by TSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsaab View Post
Crazy ass Aussie indeed.

lol i like it. its different, nothing ive ever seen. i agree on paint matching it, and maybe getting some mesh in front of it, why not keep it nice for at least a little while anyway?
if you want to drive it with an unsafe bumper, so be it...fuck what anybody else cares.

hat tip; for creativity and having some balls
Thanks Snowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateViggen View Post
Very creative set up! I like the looks of it.

I was happy that I was able to fill up my bumper opening with mine:
I'd love to get my hands on a Viggen bar. They are like "chicken lips" around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
I wanna see a what kind of power/time it makes]!.
Yeah, me too Drew. I'm dying to get this thing on the dyno.
It's just started to get hot here as well,and it's only the start of spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew in Houston View Post
You still have the crumple zones...if you look how the crash bar supports are made, and take a look at one of these cars that has seen front end collision, it seem like the crash bar is there more to limit damage and maybe spread the force of a concentrated impact a little. From looking at crashed version it looks to me like the protection is in the crumple zones, not the crash bar itself. Ah whatda I know though.
I agree, It's still pretty solid. I know that it's not as solid as It would be if it was standard, but still it's solid.
If I ever have a front end smash I dont really think my little cut out is going to make a difference. The front end would be screwed in both cases.
But as Drew said, "Ah whatda I know though".

Last edited by bogan; 10-04-2012 at 04:15 AM.
bogan is offline   Reply With Quote