The Saab Link Forums - View Single Post - My 9-5 experience
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Derek
SAAB Road Master

And now the things I hated:
  • Missing a switch for rear fog light (Europe requirement)
  • The main console material is vulnerable to finger smudge marks.
  • Cup holders should have a light
  • Cruise control does not hold the speed when you're driving downhill
  • When the Night panel is sel ected, the lights from the speedometer, are going through the panel and light the rpm meter.
  • The wipers do not go that additional wipe after you have used the sprinkles (standard in all Renaults and Peugeots)
  • The side compartment (door) is very small
  • The windows switches are GM-alike (not in the center console)
  • Only 1(!!) 12V socket
  • The rear passengers armrest is somehow... poor
  • Still the passenger's seat has no memory option
  • No light beam adjustment option (Europe requirement)
  • No sunglasses holder
  • Single sun visor (WHAT THE HELL?!? - that was one of the reasons I loved Saab)
  • The far-right buttons are too far away (locks)
  • The smallest button in the whole car is the one for the hazard lights and it's very hard to find and use in case of an emergency
  • The cruise control on-off switch is... like a lights switch in Europe. I'd expect something better.
Generally:
I'm very disappointed! Unfortunately, the GM influence is huge in this car and I can't wait until I see the first 100% Saab in 2012 whatever that may be. It felt like GM was cutting from Saabs to give to Chevy and whatever other piece of crap they're making.

Although in general it is a great car, these small details are the ones that will keep my $50k in the bank for another year.

I'm sorry Saab. But I expect from you to try harder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was told that if I think I can cover 11.000 miles in 30 days I'm dreaming. Who says I'm not...

Last edited by Derek; 03-27-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote